I NEED ADVICE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JYoung2857

TO BE OR NOT TO BE
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I'm new to posting on SDN, so take it easy. So to sum things up, I'm 28 years old and I work as a Registered Nurse within the critical care setting both in the hospital and out in the field. I've been working as a nurse for about four years, and I want to change careers. My journey into nursing school wasn't an easy feat! I am an Academic Minority, and the first to earn a Bachelor's Degree.

My grades sucked in high school and I was unprepared for the rigors of college. I attended an in-state school through the chance program, and flunked out after my second semester. My cGPA was 1.97. I preceded to a Community College following my dismissal, and picked random classes and earned a cGPA of 2.5. I left that Community College and entered another one with a similar cGPA of 1.98. Fast forward, I found a RN program who only went off test scores and I tested into the program and graduated with my Associates of Science in Nursing earning a 3.79. and also enrolled in the RN-BSN program, earning my Bachelor's with a 3.5.

I applied to one Post-Bac Program and was denied. I applied to a Caribbean Medical School and was accepted. I instantly thought this is a bad idea, because I'm academically weak. I have nothing to prove that I can handle the rigors of medical school. So I thought to myself, why not supersede the minimum requirements for Medical School by completing a second bachelor's instead of trying to do a diy post-bacc since most programs probably won't let me in.

I know many posters may suggest just give up, and do a nurse prac program. I'm already in one and even though they made my state full practice, I really don't see anything special about being a nurse prac.
 
Not the worst situation, whats your cGPA without any retakes (counting all courses.)
Sounds like the next step is to enroll in a 4 year univ and start chemistry1/2-->Organic1/2-->Biochem.