I Need Externship Advice

Started by Dreamer14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dreamer14

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a second year audiology student and I am beginning to look into clinical sites for my third and fourth year externship. I am wondering if anyone could give me advice on what to look for in a site? What to avoid? Any suggestions on where to go? Has anyone done an externship at a Mayo Clinic? Any good pediatric sites? I could go anywhere in the US. Thank you for any advice or suggestions!
 
Last edited:
The AAA website has an externship registry, it may not be the most current and is definitely not exhaustive. Your school should have some record of where previous students at your school have gone, this can be a good resource (esp if they left a good impression with the site about your program).