• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

I need help for my senior project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVMhopefulof???

Dec 12, 2019
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I am doing a senior project based on the scientific article "Best age to spay and neuter: a new paradigm" by Dr. Hart from UC Davis. I have been calling literally every clinic from around my area and due to COVID most clinics have been slammed with appointments and they don't have time to talk or they are closed. So I am wondering if any veterinarians on this forum can answer some of the questions for me.
Here is the link to the article for those wondering.

1.) What is your current recommendation for neutering/spaying dogs?

2.) When giving out recommendations do you take account breed, gender, or age?

3.) How where you taught in vet school what is the best age to neutering dogs.

3.) Have you look into the new findings about this topic and if so what is your opinion?

4.) Have you seen a difference in joint disorders and cancers in dogs who were neutered/spayed at around six months compared to those who neutered/spayed later?

About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.