I Need Help with Physio--esp Renal Physio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schmartdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the initial phase of my USMLE study, I was able to review Micro, Immuno, and Patho well, now I get around 60-80 percent of the questions correct on UWorld. I'd used Kaplan Lecture Notes to review. However, even reviewing Physiology is really difficult for me. Renal Physiology questions are especially tough--I've been getting 0-30 percent correct on those UWorld questions.
One point I would like to add is that my Micro and Patho were really strong in medical school so reviewing these subjects didn't take long.

Please help, give me advice on whether Kaplan Lecture Notes are sufficient review, or is there any other resource that would be better? Also why is Renal Physiology harder to pick up than RS or CVS?

Members don't see this ad.

In the initial phase of my USMLE study, I was able to review Micro, Immuno, and Patho well, now I get around 60-80 percent of the questions correct on UWorld. I'd used Kaplan Lecture Notes to review. However, even reviewing Physiology is really difficult for me. Renal Physiology questions are especially tough--I've been getting 0-30 percent correct on those UWorld questions.
One point I would like to add is that my Micro and Patho were really strong in medical school so reviewing these subjects didn't take long.

Please help, give me advice on whether Kaplan Lecture Notes are sufficient review, or is there any other resource that would be better? Also why is Renal Physiology harder to pick up than RS or CVS?

Do USMLE Rx before UWorld. Rx will build your path. UWorld is the top-off.