1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

I need help!

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by Kris10h, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Kris10h

Kris10h Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have a low math/science gpa (3.2), an average PCAT (82), and pharmacy work experience. I am applying to two public schools and two private schools. I am taking my PCAT again but I still don't believe I have any chance of getting into the two public schools I applied to. My questions are: Has any one received an interview with similar gpa and pcat. Secondly and most importantly, how will I afford private school if I do get in? I was curious how everyone else is approaching the prospect of spending 30,000 dollars a year for school!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shoppe

shoppe Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know someone who got into pharmacy school with that GPA and PCAT score. Don't worry. I think you're "average" in most schools, meaning that your scores are in the average ranges of many pharmacy students in many schools. You can take your PCAT again but I think 82 is good enough. HOwever, because your GPA is not competitive, try to get a PCAT in the 90s since it is easier to raise your PCAT score than your GPA. Good luck.

P.S. I have seen many people got in with scores like that. If they can do it, you can too.