i need info on the premed program at sgu!

Started by ksp72
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ksp72

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im thinking of applying to the premed program at sgu and i just had a few questions...
1.I've taken some of the requirements in that program so if I get accepted could I just take the courses I have not yet taken and finish that program early before med school?
2.How is their premed program? I'm sure it's challenging, but how are the proffessors and the classes?(especially for the science courses)
3.How are the labs for classes such as bio and organic chem?
4.Finally, how is the life outside classes like? Dorms, social life, etc.
 
im thinking of applying to the premed program at sgu and i just had a few questions...
1.I've taken some of the requirements in that program so if I get accepted could I just take the courses I have not yet taken and finish that program early before med school?
2.How is their premed program? I'm sure it's challenging, but how are the proffessors and the classes?(especially for the science courses)
3.How are the labs for classes such as bio and organic chem?
4.Finally, how is the life outside classes like? Dorms, social life, etc.


Step 1: Cut on your PC
Step 2: type in "Google search"
Step 3: Type in ST. George school of medicine...

Step 4: Say these magic words: Abra Ka Zam....😛 Wala (Magical information about that school and their programs)

* If that fails, go to www.valuemd.com
 
If you are taking this program to avoid finishing an undergrad degree then you are makig a big mistake.

If you have a degree and are not competitive enough for regular admission, then this is a good choice. It is med-school light.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Step 1: Cut on your PC
Step 2: type in "Google search"
Step 3: Type in ST. George school of medicine...

Step 4: Say these magic words: Abra Ka Zam....😛 Wala (Magical information about that school and their programs)

* If that fails, go to www.valuemd.com


None of the questions he asked will be answered on google or on the SGU website.

Value MD has answers to a lot of them but it is still kind of vague.
 
im thinking of applying to the premed program at sgu and i just had a few questions...
1.I've taken some of the requirements in that program so if I get accepted could I just take the courses I have not yet taken and finish that program early before med school?
2.How is their premed program? I'm sure it's challenging, but how are the proffessors and the classes?(especially for the science courses)
3.How are the labs for classes such as bio and organic chem?
4.Finally, how is the life outside classes like? Dorms, social life, etc.


1 they do the years in blocks, so I think if you are missing like a class 1 semester and a class from another semester, you would have to take the entirety or those two semesters.

AUA has a premed program that allows you to take only classes you want but Its not one of the "big 4" and doesn't have all 50 states.