I need some advice from you~

Started by pink84
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pink84

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to work at a drug store without paying. Because I am an international student, I cannot work off campus. I wanted to have an experience of working at a drug store because I thought it would be good experience for me. How do you guys think of it?
 
I am planning to work at a drug store without paying. Because I am an international student, I cannot work off campus. I wanted to have an experience of working at a drug store because I thought it would be good experience for me. How do you guys think of it?

I see two options.
1) volunteer
2) do some shadowing at different pharmacies.

I have one question though: are you considered a permanent resident? if not, when are you going to be?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any experience working in a pharmacy is a positive when thinking of addmission. The free labor might be tedious.

Indeed, but if you're there to learn, then the labor shouldn't be too bad. Unless they're making you work without teaching you anything.
 
Working period has always been strenuous not to talk about working without pay. If you apply for residency and are granted, try to work at your local pharmacy as a tech and get compensation for your hours. Volunteering isn't bad either because learning is the roots to attaining knowledge. Soak up as much as you can. Best of luck.
 
I don't even thing international students are eligible to apply for residency. Maybe a work visa...
If I was you, I'd volunteer at a hospital or a clinic so that your hours could be accounted for as opposed to just working for free elsewhere.