I need some advice/guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daggum

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey..I am currently attending my 3rd year in community college right now and I just don't know if the path that I am taking is the right one. I spent the first two years of my college career being a JO and taking GE classes that are university/state transferable but during those times I was never academically challenged--all of the courses that I took were easy as hell... and now when I am taking some science courses I am starting to realize that 3 unit GE classes are a joke compared to science classes...and I guess last semester I started looking into pre-pharmacy because my uncle (whom I rarely see but when I do ) always talks about pharmacy and how much $$ you can make. So I decided to take pre-calc and an intro to chem course so I could begin taking the actual pre-reqs. I loved the chem class but I sucked in lab and now that I am currently taking the general chem class I still suck at lab but I find the actual lecture/book stuff to be understandable. I am really scared about this because my only back up is to a get a biochemistry degree (BS) and go to grad schoool if I can't get into pharm school. If I do major in biochemistry. Do I need to be good in chem labs because I think I am beyond stupid when it comes to labs--can't folllow instructions like the rest of people and cant use pipets correctly. I have problems making my own tables in my lab book. If anyone can give some advice or insight I would appreciate it. Sorry for all of the incomplete setences..I am really stressed right now.

Members don't see this ad.

what?

You want to be a biochem major, but you can't follow directions, properly use pipets, and don't know how to document your data? Are you serious? What do you think biochemists do?

You want to go into pharmacy for the money? Well, I hate to break it to you, but you won't be rich by any means. Yes, you will live comfortably, but there are far more career opportunities that will allow you to make alot more money than becoming a pharmacist.

You need to research a little more about what biochemists and pharmacists do for a living, and whether or not which one is the right career for you.

Here is some serious advice: pursue a career/degree in a field THAT INTERESTS YOU, and not what your uncle says or what your friend says. Also, don't focus only on how much money you will earn. There is more to a career than just money. Focus on what makes you happy and if the field that you are interested, happens to pay well, then good for you.

Lastly, find a job in pharmacy, either as a clerk or tech. You will get a idea of what pharmacy is like.

what?

You want to be a biochem major, but you can't follow directions, properly use pipets, and don't know how to document your data? Are you serious? What do you think biochemists do?

You want to go into pharmacy for the money? Well, I hate to break it to you, but you won't be rich by any means. Yes, you will live comfortably, but there are far more career opportunities that will allow you to make alot more money than becoming a pharmacist.

You need to research a little more about what biochemists and pharmacists do for a living, and whether or not which one is the right career for you.

Here is some serious advice: pursue a career/degree in a field THAT INTERESTS YOU, and not what your uncle says or what your friend says. Also, don't focus only on how much money you will earn. There is more to a career than just money. Focus on what makes you happy and if the field that you are interested, happens to pay well, then good for you.

Lastly, find a job in pharmacy, either as a clerk or tech. You will get a idea of what pharmacy is like.

my goal is to be a trillionaire doing nothing all day. it'll be great. I will be happy knowing I know how to properly use a pipette. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Get with the program, its all about the automatic pipets. :smuggrin:

after all the taxes, how much does a pharmacist actually makes?