I need some advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5moreminutes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I stumbled onto this website and read a lot of stuff on here. Most of you seem to be very naturally gifted and are scoring 30's on your diags. So I thought why not ask the experts if they could help me out with my situation?

The first half test I took with kaplan, I got a 11 ( 4, 3, 4)
At that time I d not reviewed at all. Infact I turned in my test without completing the bio section.

then I took my Diag I , I got a 20 ( 6, 6, 8). At this point too, I wasnt done with reviewing all the concepts. I spent a lot of time on 1001 and got through only two chapters in physics. Very little bio review. And practiced some EK 101 passages.

my goal for august is obviously a 30+ . Do you guys think I can improve more with more content review? I will try to hammer in all the concepts this week and then see how I do on my diag II this weekend.

I am pretty sure its just the lack of content review that is deterring my score. Its not like I m seeing this stuff for the first time, but saw it all through my undergrad and high school ( I did my high school in another country) and we had already learnt all these concepts in 11th and 12th grade.

Do you guys think there is scope for improvement? I am very determined to do this. By how many points do you guys think I can improve. Has anyone been able to do this before?

Thankyou I appreciate the help :)

Members don't see this ad.

5moreminutes said:
Hello all,

I stumbled onto this website and read a lot of stuff on here. Most of you seem to be very naturally gifted and are scoring 30's on your diags. So I thought why not ask the experts if they could help me out with my situation?

The first half test I took with kaplan, I got a 11 ( 4, 3, 4)
At that time I d not reviewed at all. Infact I turned in my test without completing the bio section.

then I took my Diag I , I got a 20 ( 6, 6, 8). At this point too, I wasnt done with reviewing all the concepts. I spent a lot of time on 1001 and got through only two chapters in physics. Very little bio review. And practiced some EK 101 passages.

my goal for august is obviously a 30+ . Do you guys think I can improve more with more content review? I will try to hammer in all the concepts this week and then see how I do on my diag II this weekend.

I am pretty sure its just the lack of content review that is deterring my score. Its not like I m seeing this stuff for the first time, but saw it all through my undergrad and high school ( I did my high school in another country) and we had already learnt all these concepts in 11th and 12th grade.

Do you guys think there is scope for improvement? I am very determined to do this. By how many points do you guys think I can improve. Has anyone been able to do this before?

Thankyou I appreciate the help :)

It's difficult to say whether or not the improvement you want is possible. I say this because everyone's score progressions are different. Take an AAMC exam (7-9) to get a gauge of your progress.