I need Some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoseOfMed

Reaction score
Hello guys I'm new to SDN. I'm planning on applying to Medical school this upcoming cycle and just need some advice as to which schools I should apply. My stats are 3.4 cum, 3.5 sci with a 507 MCAT. I know my gpa is low, but I have a high upward trend. Just based on my final 74 credits I have a 3.8 gpa overall. I'm also planning to take an SMP this fall as a back up and apply while in it. I have good EC's, conducted my own research and presented it, shadowed MD's and DO's and an NY resident. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNY's
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton
Also apply to at least 6 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools. Include NYIT.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys I'm new to SDN. I'm planning on applying to Medical school this upcoming cycle and just need some advice as to which schools I should apply. My stats are 3.4 cum, 3.5 sci with a 507 MCAT. I know my gpa is low, but I have a high upward trend. Just based on my final 74 credits I have a 3.8 gpa overall. I'm also planning to take an SMP this fall as a back up and apply while in it. I have good EC's, conducted my own research and presented it, shadowed MD's and DO's and an NY resident. Thanks for the help.
You don't need an SMP, just a good school list.

Reactions: 1 users