I Need Some Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamrich

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sup fellas!?!

I am so stressed out, i dunnoe if i'm gonna get into any pharm school or not...
My GPA is 3.13 and PCAT is 86

Could you please gimme some advice on what I can do if I don;t get in this year, and what schools to apply to...

Members don't see this ad.

Sup fellas!?!

I am so stressed out, i dunnoe if i'm gonna get into any pharm school or not...
My GPA is 3.13 and PCAT is 86

Could you please gimme some advice on what I can do if I don;t get in this year, and what schools to apply to...

You might PM eddie269. He's a third time reapplicant. He's also started a really good thread regarding improving your chances to get in. I'll find it and bump it. I think it's in FAQs. The FAQs would also be a good resource for you. I'd say you're PCAT is pretty good. I'd say the rest depends on your Sci/Cum breakdown, quality of LORs and amount of volunteering/job experience. The 3.13 is not what I'd call competitive, but depending on the other stats you may have other areas you can improve in to become more competitive.

3.13 and 86 aare good statistics. You just have to aaply to the right schools and get good recommendations. Make sure you check the AACP websites to find last year admittees average. If you are above the or about the average you will get an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your PCAT score is competative, while your gpa is basically borderline. Add some extra-currics to that and maybe some shadowing/pharmacy experience, and you're a pretty good competitor, at least for interview. Once you do get that interview, practice a bunch for it, you have to be able to stand out.

Def try to improve the gpa by taking more higher level classes or retake some of the pre-reqs that you got Cs in. Also, experience is major - work in a pharmacy setting or do research if you're more into that. The key to getting in with your stats would be to apply early! That means have everything ready to submit to Pharmcas around june/july.