i need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxShazzie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the best grade i can get right now is a C in my animal bio class. i want to drop it because i don't want to take the C for my gpa but i'm scared that they'll see that i have so many W's (withdrawals) i've already dropped physics because i was taking 3 labs at once and i dropped chem and calc earlier in the years but i made them both up with a B and an A. what would you guys do? how weighted are the w's?

Members don't see this ad.

I have never dropped a class, but I don't knock anyone that has. I feel as though I can work extra hard to get a B or B- if I know I have a C. I would ask more questions in class and go to the teacher for help. If your professor sees how hard you are working they are usually more willing to help you out and even not grade you as hard. Even if you do get a C you can always justify that fact that you did your best, tried hard, studied hard, but it just so happens that you are only average in that particular class.
Seeing how many W's you already have schools will see that and may hold it negatively against you. They will wonder why you think you can handle the pressures of pharmacy school where you can't W. I hope this helps you out and I am truly trying to be honest with you (I've been accepted to Mercer and interviewed last week at NOVA) since I have an idea of what they are looking for.

congratulations on your acceptances! it's hard because my first w's were because of personal issues although i doubt that would be a good enough excuse. unlucky for me my professor would never be so lenient on us. there isn't even a curve for the class unlike the rest of the bio classes. maybe i'll just give up on pharmacy. you're right, they'll probably see that i can't handle the classes anyways. =/