I need some advice =(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aahitunaa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you need to retake your DAT. Because I truly believe you can do way better.

When you said you went over everything and you said its not enough. Well for most people its more than enough its plenty. I belive that you need to explore good study habits. what you can do now is look at the breakdowns to see how the studied. And since this is the summer break. Retake the kaplan and ONLY conc. on DAT then you will def. score 20+

You know what would be more helpful. If you actually told us how you studied and how long. And how much was on your platter(ie credits take, research, etc...) when you were studying. how often did you practice. what did you do regarding reading and sciences. Why was sciences hard for you. Give us more info. and people w/ 20+ will come and help you. give you a better advice on how to approach DAT rather than just saying retake it.

I took my DAT today here are my scores

Bio: 18
Gen Chem: 15
Orgo: 17
Quant: 15
Reading: 16
PAT: 19

My science gpa is about a 3.4
My overall gpa is about a 3.4

I REALLY dont want to take the DAT again. But looking at everyone elses scores makes me wanna take it again cause I feel like I should be getting in the twenties.

I took Kaplan, did EVERYTHing. bought Top score and DAT Achiever (did each 3-4 times). I even looked at the Biology book by Campbell and also went over the newest edition of Barrons. Apparently none of this was enough.

I guess What I am asking is if any schools will accept my scores/grades. Ive done a TON of community service and in all my science classes ive gotten a B or better.

thanks!

Thats what... 16AA and 16TS (guessing here)
Those scores are not competitive at all (sorry). Retake is a must if you want to increase your chances for interviews. Its great that you have community service and shadowing, unfortunately, it doesn't help that 16AA.

You said "I took Kaplan, did EVERYTHing." what does this mean? whats "EVERYTHing"? Did you get DAT destroyer?

please tell us what you used, we can really help you push into 20's

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!

I did all the requirements and optional questions in the Kaplan course. On average I have been studying everyday for about 6-9 hours. I am not taking any classes but work 6 hours a week. I took the DAT achiever and Top score about 3-4 times and reviewed the questions each time. I read the Kaplan blue book and actually already retook the class again cause I felt I wasnt ready the first time I took it. umm I used the Campbell biology book to refresh my memory for the biology section... and I cant think of anything else I did to study.

My AA was 16 my TS was a 17... sorry forgot to put those up.

any suggestions on how to study for the second time around?

thanks!!!!

something different works for every person.

find what works for you.

Hi guys!

I did all the requirements and optional questions in the Kaplan course. On average I have been studying everyday for about 6-9 hours. I am not taking any classes but work 6 hours a week. I took the DAT achiever and Top score about 3-4 times and reviewed the questions each time. I read the Kaplan blue book and actually already retook the class again cause I felt I wasnt ready the first time I took it. umm I used the Campbell biology book to refresh my memory for the biology section... and I cant think of anything else I did to study.

My AA was 16 my TS was a 17... sorry forgot to put those up.

any suggestions on how to study for the second time around?

thanks!!!!

DAT and MATH destroyer combos would do wonders for your QR, GC, and Orgo sections

Cliff's AP biology with KBB should push you in the 19-20 for the biology (guesstimating here)

Your PAT is in pretty good shape as is, but if you want the extra practice, Crack DAT PAT software, 10-test version (I think $130) would easily push you in the 20s