1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

I need some guidance here...

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by OrganicChemist7, Jul 31, 2011.

1. OrganicChemist7

OrganicChemist7 SN2 - Size Does Matter

Pre-Medical
    I take the MCAT in almost exactly 3 weeks. I have been on SN2ed's plan (3 month) and I have taken AAMC 3, 4 - scoring a 29 both times (3: 10, 9, 10) and 4 (9, 9, 11). I am a chemistry major, and I find that the questions I am getting wrong are random - not one particular weak area.

At this point I have the rest of the AAMC exams which I will take, but besides that and going over them, what should I work on to ensure boosting my score to a 30+?

For the record, it isn't the passages that hurt me...it seems as though I forget random facts on subjects that can't be inferred from the passage and due to lack of content knowledge (that I forgot in the past month or so...) I get the question wrong.

Advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ak21

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    maybe you could try making notes of the BR chapters and that way you could look over them periodically so you could memorize random facts. i'd also recommend reading over topics u're getting wrong in your practice tests. and of course doing more questions will also help expose potential weaknesses. Good luck:luck:

4. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Thank You for Smoking
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The fact that you're missing questions in a variety of subjects indicates that your knowledge base isn't as strong as it should be. I would continue doing content review while taking practice exams.

5. OrganicChemist7

OrganicChemist7 SN2 - Size Does Matter

Pre-Medical
    Thank you for the advice!