I need some guidance here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrganicChemist7

SN2 - Size Does Matter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take the MCAT in almost exactly 3 weeks. I have been on SN2ed's plan (3 month) and I have taken AAMC 3, 4 - scoring a 29 both times (3: 10, 9, 10) and 4 (9, 9, 11). I am a chemistry major, and I find that the questions I am getting wrong are random - not one particular weak area.

At this point I have the rest of the AAMC exams which I will take, but besides that and going over them, what should I work on to ensure boosting my score to a 30+?

For the record, it isn't the passages that hurt me...it seems as though I forget random facts on subjects that can't be inferred from the passage and due to lack of content knowledge (that I forgot in the past month or so...) I get the question wrong.

Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I take the MCAT in almost exactly 3 weeks. I have been on SN2ed's plan (3 month) and I have taken AAMC 3, 4 - scoring a 29 both times (3: 10, 9, 10) and 4 (9, 9, 11). I am a chemistry major, and I find that the questions I am getting wrong are random - not one particular weak area.

At this point I have the rest of the AAMC exams which I will take, but besides that and going over them, what should I work on to ensure boosting my score to a 30+?

For the record, it isn't the passages that hurt me...it seems as though I forget random facts on subjects that can't be inferred from the passage and due to lack of content knowledge (that I forgot in the past month or so...) I get the question wrong.

Advice?

maybe you could try making notes of the BR chapters and that way you could look over them periodically so you could memorize random facts. i'd also recommend reading over topics u're getting wrong in your practice tests. and of course doing more questions will also help expose potential weaknesses. Good luck:luck: