I need some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Japika

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started a Princeton Review prep course, and second week. I have noticed I have having a really hard time with the passages. I know the material, but I get confused with the passages. What should I do to get past this, so the only thing left is the material?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean you get confused with the passages? Do you mean interpreting the meaning behind them? Overall the main point of the passage is to look for key points and main ideas (verbal passage). In a science passage you want to look for the answers to the questions basically picking out specific equations or maybe if something increases due to the other. Stuff like small hidden messages. The way you can help yourself to improve is get books that include many practice tests, just need practice.

I haven't even started on teh verbal. My problem is mostly on the biology, and in part on the PS passages.

They tell me the materials are in the passages, but I can't find the materials. I do have ADD, and I am partly dyslexic, but I should be able to decipher what materials from the passage I need, but I am having a hard time getting everything i need from it.

Maybe a thing to work on is going slow at first and recognizing where the material is within the passage needed for the questions. And slowly working your way up to the time allotted on the real test. As far as the first time I say go slow reading the passage take your time and then get used to looking for key material. If money is so much of a isssue and Princeton review doesn't have many passages to practice on buy other study material that contains practice passages. This is my two cents hope it helps.