I need some insight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rexosaurus

CSU PVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the dreaded GRE about 3 weeks ago, which to me was enough time to get the scores and order additional reports, and self report on some supplementals. Well apparently I was dead wrong, because I still haven't received them (WTF!?!?!) So, I'm hoping they will come by tomorrow so I can rush to the post office and overnight my Oregon State supplemental. But what if they don't come? Do I just report my old scores on the supplemental (which suck worse than the new ones), and hope they see the new scores that ETS sends them? Or leave the analytical and perecentage scores blank, and report the quant and verbal sections that I already know? EEEEK!!! HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

I would go ahead and report what you do know (verbal and quant) because they will get the percentiles from the score report you will sent out.

Have you tried calling to see if the scores are available yet? It's $12.00 to get them but it might be worth if it you're freaking out so badly over it..

Members don't see this ad :)
I would call up OS tomorrow and expalain the situation, I don't think they start reviewing your app until the end of the month anyway, so I think you should be fine.

I would go ahead and report what you do know (verbal and quant) because they will get the percentiles from the score report you will sent out.

I concurr. Rexo...they will get them, breathe!

thanks guys, i knew you would be a bit more clear-headed than me right now! you sensed the franticness huh?! :D

so get this.... i overnight my OSU supplemental today, after i called ETS and they told me my scores were STILL unavailable (argh!).... i get home a couple hours later, and the damned things were in the mail! :mad: oh how i was cursing ETS! whatever, its done.

so get this.... i overnight my OSU supplemental today, after i called ETS and they told me my scores were STILL unavailable (argh!).... i get home a couple hours later, and the damned things were in the mail!

Just write up a nice polite "I'm sorry, these arrived in the mail after I sent in my supplemental application in, so I wanted to send you this updated information" cover letter, enclose a copy of the scores, and send it off to the admissions office (send it from the post office and get delivery confirmation, just to be sure!). Put your VMCAS ID number on the cover letter and the copy of the scores to increase the chance that they'll be filed correctly. I think this is definitely in the "they won't reject you just for that" category... :)