I need to finalize my school list, and more suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyang22286

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i've been lurking around for a while and read as much as i can about peoples suggestions on schools.

I have about 16 schools right now, but would like to add about 5-10 more. i've tried to hit the schools where it appears i'll be as competitive as i can in. i also have some "reach" schools in there. number one dream school is USC =(

can you guys please look at my list and let me know what you think about it? - solid picks, good backups - i also need more suggestions as to schools i should apply to.

note about my GPA: i have a pretty steep upward slope on my GPA... my upper division science GPA is about a 3.9. i'm also pretty solid on research. thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You did a nice job selecting schools and covered most of the private schools I would have recommended.

Your odds at Einstein are not so great and the two SUNY schools (while they may take OOS) are going to take OOS with exceptional numbers. My guess is that none of these three schools will interview you. I recommend removing these three schools.

You could add George Washington (although they receive tons of applications). I can't think of any others off the top of my head. Good luck!