I need youe input please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quickfast RP

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a pre-dental student at University of California, Davis:

Im going to be a third year and will be applying to Dental schools in the beginning of my 4th year, next year. Here are my stats please tell me how I would be in terms of going to dental schools. I know they are not strong and I would appreicate if you have some of the lower dental schools you can suggest which accept a bit weaker applications like myself. Also if there are alternate routes you can suggest like a masters program or something before I apply. Thank!

G.P.A end of third year when I apply should be around 3.0
Science G.P.A end of third year when I apply should be around a 2.7

DAT Practice scores are 22 overall with a 18 in English section thats bringing me down

I have also been shadowing a dentist for about 2 years and will be 3 years by the time I apply.

I know my stats are weak and I would only appreciate constructive criticism not negetivity as I know you can call these scores...well bad.

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest first of all writing the DAT, as a practice DAT means nothing. You may be surprised, for better or worse, at how different a practice is from the real thing.
If you plan on getting into dental school with a 2.7 science GPA you better nail the DAT b/c average test scores and a low GPA won't get it done. Good luck with things.

i agree. most schools have minimums of 3.2 or right round there for both science and cumulative GPA. you either have to NAIL the DAT or wait another year to apply ans work on that gpa. if you really want to do it - - you can do it!!! good luck!!