I need your advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aurovon

Tryin'
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will apply to an university for Summer 06. During Fall05 I plan on taking Bio I and Chem I at community college. So in Spring 06, should I take Bio II and Chem II at community college OR should I wait til I get accepted at the university for summer and then take Bio II and Chem II?...and continue with my science at the university. So ofcourse during Spring 06 while waiting to get accepted to university I will take other pre requesites like Gov II, Hist II, Statistic, pretty much non science. The reason I was thinking of doing this is because I want to take science classes at university level which will look better on my transcript and I *think/hope* will be better prepared. Or do you just recommend just taking science coures in spring 06 at community college too? Also, I am concerned if I do take bio 1+2, chem 1+2 at CC..when I get to college level and take organic chem, microbio...il have a harder time? ahh sorry for this long confusing read. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

aurovon,
Here are my ideas on your situation. I would take the second dose of those classes as soon as possible and get them knocked out with A's for grades. Here's the deal. Having attended both cc and univ I would say that yes there is a difference in how and what you are taught(univ=more work and more in depth in general). The thing about it is that the amount that you learn is not based on what you are taught, but on how hard you work to learn the material. If the classes will transfer I would take them right away, you won't fall a semester behind. Also cc tends to be cheaper than univ.
DR
PS In my experience if you do well in your classes pharmacy schools don't care where you took them from. If you take them at the univ and score average to poor, then you may be able to say that you took the class from a world famous researcher and he made the class very difficult.

drhemi70 said:
aurovon,
Here are my ideas on your situation. I would take the second dose of those classes as soon as possible and get them knocked out with A's for grades. Here's the deal. Having attended both cc and univ I would say that yes there is a difference in how and what you are taught(univ=more work and more in depth in general). The thing about it is that the amount that you learn is not based on what you are taught, but on how hard you work to learn the material. If the classes will transfer I would take them right away, you won't fall a semester behind. Also cc tends to be cheaper than univ.
DR
PS In my experience if you do well in your classes pharmacy schools don't care where you took them from. If you take them at the univ and score average to poor, then you may be able to say that you took the class from a world famous researcher and he made the class very difficult.

Great. Thanks a lot for your advive. I really appreciate it :thumbup: