I need your help asap!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helenm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello world..

I've been waitlisted in my top dental school and i was wondering what i should do to move it along?
before the interview i wrote a letter of interest to the dean of admissions and they scheduled an interview for me.
i wrote about why its my top choice, the fact that my mother is an alum from the school, my current updates.
now i want to write another letter of interest for the waitlist. but i cant send the same letter.. ugh! what can i write about?

specific example would be much appreciated!
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well the question should really be what can you say that you already haven't said? I'm doubting the thing holding you back from admission is another well written letter. If you already wrote and sent one stating all the reasons, another letter is just sounding redudant. I think writing a letter is a great idea but I dont know how this second one will really benefit you at this stage.

Hi helenm, I'm in the saaaaaame position that you are, and I have no idea what to write, or if I should even write another letter of intent/interest. My friends tell me to relax, everything that I could do has been done to this point. So for now I am just waiting and TRYING to be patient, but it's very difficult and stressful. If anyone else has advice for us, we're all ears!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The only thing you can do to "move it along" is for you to patiently wait. That's probably how the word came about- waitlisted.

The only thing you can do to "move it along" is for you to patiently wait. That's probably how the word came about- waitlisted.

Thank you doctor. As always, short, sweet, and pointing out the obvious, lol ;)

im in the same situation. its tough, but dont bug them too much and try to be patient.