I need your help (DAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hapgeok

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two years ago, I took the Kaplan course. Some circumstances bothered me to take the DAT. However, I just register for the DAT. I have three questions.

1. I only have kaplan blue book. I am good on PAT, but I need to study for science and RC. What do I have to buy for preparing the test?

2. My test date is the last week of July. I wonder when the official test score comes out after finishing the test.

3. I plan to submit my application after receiving the official DAT score. Is it too late to be the early bird get that much of advantage (interview)?

Thank you for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) for science and RC, i would suggest DAT Destroyer (it has science and math but no RC) and DAT Achiever (this is a program with 3 practice tests for every sections). Read your Kaplan book and learn them, and practice on DAT Destroyer. Go to the book store and buy AP Cliffs notes or Schaums Bio and read those and buy some other AP Chemistry and practice those. for Ochem, just go over your lecture notes and their hw (or exams) and practice those
I don't know how good you're on PAT, but Kaplan PAT is not a real PAT. They are way easier than the real so don't get fooled and be too confident about PAT unless you do other practice tests from different companies (DAT Achiver's PAT will probably give you a headache)

2) You will be able to get your score on the day of your exam and your scores will be sent from ADA in that week (unless it's like Friday or something) but it'll probably take about a week or so to get to AADSAS

3) If you're taking your DAT at the end of July, then you'll probably be too late for early interview. You do not have to submit until after the DAT. I have submitted mine in May and it took me about 3 weeks to get my GPA verified and about 2 weeks for Evaluation to be received (so they just finished this week). If your DAT is at the end of July and you submit, then i'll probably take you around mid-late August to be able to have it ready for the dental schools and early interviews come out in September. so i suggest apply now so whenever your DAT gets in, they can start processing your application.

good luck