I passed : D

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dare1183

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
omg i got my results today and i passed. Woooo whooooo thank god . Damn test was hard but i killed it , i aced it lol jk. Now to matching day... Best of luck to everyone participating in the match. :):):):):hungover::hungover:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!!

And to the poster above...can't you just say "GJ!" or is it sour grapes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry I think I logged onto Facebook by accident, leaving now...

The OP finally passed on his 2nd attempt. No doubt this is a huge relief, so I think he's entitled to celebrating. Sure he coulda posted as a reply in the Part II thread instead, but given the circumstances, I think most people would cut him a break. :laugh:

The OP finally passed on his 2nd attempt. No doubt this is a huge relief, so I think he's entitled to celebrating. Sure he coulda posted as a reply in the Part II thread instead, but given the circumstances, I think most people would cut him a break. :laugh:
Oh thats so nice of you . :)

CONGRATS!!! Well done.

I wouldn't go so far as to call this is a 'professional' forum, btw. It's an anonymous forum with everyone from high school students, spouses and parents of students... to attending's. When you are a licensed professional on a forum using real names and exchanging ideas, then yes.

Congrats!! The mcat stressed me out to no end I can only imagine how bad Step 1 and 2 will be, way to go man!

Thank you so much guys. i feel huge relief. I am certain that alot people will be visiting this forum in the future. its one of the best ways to interact with current and future students and attendings. This forum and people from this forum are very helpful and supportive(specially Kidsfeet). Thanks to everyone who gave me a word of advice on how to study. Thanks for those who wrote the presby manual (well written) and thanks to podiatryboardsprep.com (awesome questions), Thanks to my classmates . and If I can be of any help to anyone in the future, I will be more than happy to give back. :):):D:D

as a current 3rd year student...What advise would you give in terms of approach and study materials? I'm curious what you did differently the 2nd time around. Thanks much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Job well done. Now enjoy the wait until the 5th

as a current 3rd year student...What advise would you give in terms of approach and study materials? I'm curious what you did differently the 2nd time around. Thanks much appreciated.
I think you should not use too many sources, focus on one source and study it well. And definitely do questions. I personally found reading presby twice and doing the questions on podiatryboardsprep to be very helpful. I was able to read couple chapters from presby and then go and take an exam and see how I did. The questions covered all the topics on the exam, and presby covers the topics on the exam, except epidemiology.

During externships I wrote down questions I had during the day that I was not certain on. I would study that night and then explain it to other students, residents or doctors to make sure I understood the topic. Doing this makes it more interesting to study. I would study one topic and use 2-4 resources for reference and then read questions on the topic to gauge my understanding. I never read the review books front to back, cause I don't have the patience. Study to understand so you can rock your interviews. Always talk out what you study so you can better understand things in your mind. That is how I study and how it works for me. Everyone is different.

Taking my part II boards next year, still a 3rd year. To me, that post is inappropriate for a professional forum.

I agree.

After jumping through hoops to gain school admittance, passing exams, performing in undergrad and spending ridiculous sums of money, it's understood that it's a professional environment and the people are at school to learn the job, and the professionalism that comes with it.

This, being an anonymous forum with minimal if any guidelines or requirements to join, should be expected to adhere to the same professionalism and stick-in-the-butt-ness.

I don't post on these forums unless I'm wearing at least a button up shirt, tie and a sport coat.

Take it easy, friend :)

I agree.

After jumping through hoops to gain school admittance, passing exams, performing in undergrad and spending ridiculous sums of money, it's understood that it's a professional environment and the people are at school to learn the job, and the professionalism that comes with it.

This, being an anonymous forum with minimal if any guidelines or requirements to join, should be expected to adhere to the same professionalism and stick-in-the-butt-ness.

I don't post on these forums unless I'm wearing at least a button up shirt, tie and a sport coat.

Take it easy, friend :)

LOL, I see what you did there and me likey!

I'm so glad bob is back! We truly missed your fiery commentary!

I want to be a contributor to podiatry, and my respect for it and those in it is mirrored even in an anonymous forums. The only reason why I deemed the original post inappropriate was to avoid unnecessary frustration to those who fail. It should not be a big deal to pass a board examination. However, it is a big deal to fail it. My conduct will remain, and so will the imaginary suit and tie that i'm wearing.

I want to be a contributor to podiatry, and my respect for it and those in it is mirrored even in an anonymous forums. The only reason why I deemed the original post inappropriate was to avoid unnecessary frustration to those who fail. It should not be a big deal to pass a board examination. However, it is a big deal to fail it. My conduct will remain, and so will the imaginary suit and tie that i'm wearing.
I apologize if my post caused any unnecessarily frustrationand made some people upset. It was just an emotional reaction to passing suchan exam. In no way, form or shape did I want to make anyone feel stupid or worthless.It was just spare of the moment and hope I didn’t offend anyone.

You really don't need to apologize... I see nothing wrong with you sharing your happy moment with people. If people are upset that you passed and are happy about it, it's their problem, not yours. Congratulations! Good luck with the match!

Oh my gaaaawd folks.

What's with the PC BS??? Something happy happens, post away!!!

Geez, have we gotten that sensitive????

It's not like he called out Obama or something!!!!!

Oh my gaaaawd folks.

What's with the PC BS??? Something happy happens, post away!!!

Geez, have we gotten that sensitive????

It's not like he called out Obama or something!!!!!
I wouldave if I could LOL

Last edited:
This reminds me of reading about a high school in the news paper that was considering ending it's gifted and talented programs because it had a negative emotional impact on the people that weren't in it.

When did excellence become something to hide?

Additionally, I use Myspace instead of Facebook, and your initial post regarding a facetious accidental Facebook login made me feel disregarded and insulted. I expect a retraction and a full apology.

Wear your suit and tie.

This reminds me of reading about a high school in the news paper that was considering ending it's gifted and talented programs because it had a negative emotional impact on the people that weren't in it.

When did excellence become something to hide?

Additionally, I use Myspace instead of Facebook, and your initial post regarding a facetious accidental Facebook login made me feel disregarded and insulted. I expect a retraction and a full apology.

Wear your suit and tie.

Perhaps that high-school was on to something.

Hiding excellence is called modesty. It is usually slightly frowned upon behind his back when a student broadcasts his exam scores amongst his peers. When I made it into podiatry school, I expected and received congratulations from my friends and family. When I pass my board examinations, I do not expect nor should I receive congratulations from anybody. Boards are something that students are expected to pass in order to receive their medical license.

I apologize for the facetious remark involving Facebook. It was tasteless and passive-aggressive.

Nevertheless, dare1183, I'm not attacking you by any means and I appreciate you understanding that your comment may have been frustrating for certain students to read. I just wanted to remind everyone, take a look at how many views each thread receives, this is very much a public forum with silent opinions being generated. If anyone has anything else to say to me, please do so in private messages.

Last edited:
Perhaps that high-school was on to something.

Hiding excellence is called modesty. It is usually slightly frowned upon behind his back when a student broadcasts his exam scores amongst his peers. When I made it into podiatry school, I expected and received congratulations from my friends and family. When I pass my board examinations, I do not expect nor should I receive congratulations from anybody. Boards are something that students are expected to pass in order to receive their medical license.

I apologize for the facetious remark involving Facebook. It was tasteless and passive-aggressive.

Nevertheless, dare1183, I'm not attacking you by any means and I appreciate you understanding that your comment may have been frustrating for certain students to read. I just wanted to remind everyone, take a look at how many views each thread receives, this is very much a public forum with silent opinions being generated. If anyone has anything else to say to me, please do so in private messages.
I did not feel like I was attacked at all. I dont want any other student to feel frusturated or down because of my post. I was very upset and frusturated when I did not pass the first time I took the exam. so I see your point.

Lol Attack, based solely on statistics, it's harder to pass boards than get into pod school, so maybe you celebrated early...

I entirely agree with most of what you're saying. Walking around hearing students talk about exams for the last semester and a half, I've only heard mention of an actual score a single time; the rest of the time it's something to the effect of, "it was harder than I though", or "I did okay". It's something of a faux pas to speak directly regarding your scores, and I consider it in poor taste.

I suppose I just don't see the harm in celebrating a passing grade on the boards. At least, not when you say you consider it okay and reasonable to celebrate admittance.

My thought is, who cares if you got in? I mean...it's cool, you'll learn at least something, and you'll spend a couple hundred thousand doing it, but the boards are the only thing that really matter when you get down to it.

Let's be honest...you don't really have to do much to get into pod school. You have to do very much to pass the boards. Celebrate that, not admittance. What's more worthy of celebration: a GPA above 3.0 (remember, this is undergrad...) and a 20+ MCAT, or passing 4 years of pod school and the boards?

I get ya' regarding professionalism, and maybe I wouldn't have done specifically what the OP did, but there's a time and place for celebrations, and I think the pod student forum for passing the pod boards on an internet message board is as appropriate as anywhere else.

Lol Attack, based solely on statistics, it's harder to pass boards than get into pod school, so maybe you celebrated early...

Based "solely" on statistics you would be incorrect. What % of students who apply get into pod school? What % of students who sit for boards (part I and part II) pass each part?

Hiding excellence is called modesty.

I really like this comment. I don't know that "hiding" is the right term, but I agree with you.

I would say something like "not being overly vocal about your excellence is modesty", but the gist is the same.

Being excellent (cue the Bill and Ted music score) should be something others perceive in you and not you shoving in their face, but I don't think that's what the OP was doing. He was just excited that he passed and we are all amongst friends here so I personally didn't find anything wrong with what he did.

I think you don't need to tell people your grades for them to know you're a bauss. They can figure it out by how hard you work and how mature you are. Nonetheless, there will always be gunners who try and compete with you. So for bob and Attack, take em down :D

I think you don't need to tell people your grades for them to know you're a bauss. They can figure it out by how hard you work and how mature you are. Nonetheless, there will always be gunners who try and compete with you. So for bob and Attack, take em down :D
Are you trying to say Im not mature or something?

Dtrack, I respectfully disagree. The percentage of people not passing boards also includes the people who didn't get in to pod school, or dropped out. The only people passing boards are people who got in to pod school to begin with.

That makes no sense scientifically. When the board pass rate is published (87%), that is 87% of test takers. If you don't take the boards, you can't fail them/not pass them. But this comparison is useless to anything.

When you say based "solely on statistics" you have to use actual statistics. Not stuff you made up and rationalized in your head. You can't include a population into a statistic regarding a specific outcome when said population doesn't have the opportunity to accomplish the outcome you are evaluating.

Using your made up statistics, every individual who did not matriculate to pod school (about 50 million people w/ bachelors degrees) should be counted among those who applied and were rejected...because hey, they didn't get into podiatry school. So 600 out of 50 mil, if my math is right, comes out just under board pass rates (even when you count everyone who applied).

Your commentary on politics and history are generally much more "well thought out" than the stuff you try to post about pod school and podiatry in practice. Sit back, learn, and maybe wait till you have a better grasp over certain topics before you post. Or just copy whatever Sig says, he's usually spot on

someone please tell me this conversation is an april fools joke.

Sorry guys, you're right! It IS harder to get into pod school than pass boards. My bad.

Statistics being used to compare podiatry school admittance and board pass rates are a bit useless, it would seem.

It's like saying 1/32 teams win an NBA championship every year, though far fewer than 1/32 basketball players make it to the NBA. Obviously it's easier to win a championship than it is to even be in the NBA. Maybe not the best example in the world, but hopefully it gets the right point across.

Admittance into pod school is for undergrad students. It's a different world. Most students that were at the bottom of the class have to work their butt off to pass classes and pass boards (well...even the top of the class has to work hard). The effort required to pass boards is exponentially more than what's needed to get into pod school.

Honestly, if most people in my class put forth the effort and time in undergrad that they do here, most would have probably graduated with a 4.0 or pretty close.

It's just a different world; apples and oranges.