I passed PTCE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FilRph04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I passed the PTCE! Planning to find a job and study pre-pharmacy!

Members don't see this ad.

I passed the PTCE! Planning to find a job and study pre-pharmacy!

congrats. prepare to work hard to find a job though. I got my first tech interview exactly 2 years after I got my license. hate to be a debbie downer but it will take persistence to find a tech job. I wish the best of luck.:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! Apply everywhere after you get registered with the BOP, if needed.

Thank y'all! I wanted to enroll for fall but i'm still waiting my official transcript of records evaluation report.

That's awesome, congrats!! Did you find the PTCE to be challenging in any way?

I took the test in March and I'd say the most challenging part is knowing the top 100 drugs realllyyy well...also I found this website to be pretty helpful (free practice exams, yay!). The practice exams on this site were more difficult than the ones included in the book I bought to self-study from, hence they were more realistic.

http://www.pharmacy-tech-study.com/

Yay for my first SDN post! After lurking around for months... lol

Thank you! Nope, not challenging because it was so easy. I only read 1 pharm. tech book but i can tell that even if i did not read that book,im pretty sure i could easily answer the questions. Math was just basic. I'm not really very good in Math but i found it very simple questions. About generic/brand was so easy for me,maybe because i worked as pharmacist back in my country & mostly gen/brand names are the same here in US since we got sister drug manufacturing companies that are based in US. Of course i am very familiar too when it comes to drug classifications..I can tell that even to those applicant's who don't have pharmacy background,they can really easily pass the exam if they will study the pharmacy technician book.I think it's enough studying 1-3 days of that thin book.

Congrats! Hope you find a job very soon. I am also planning to take it. If you dont mind me asking. How long did you study for the PTCE? Is there anything specific I should concentrate on? because I am studying Mosby's PTCE Review Book and it seems like there is a lot of information to know. Thank in advance.

Congrats! Hope you find a job very soon. I am also planning to take it. If you dont mind me asking. How long did you study for the PTCE? Is there anything specific I should concentrate on? because I am studying Mosby's PTCE Review Book and it seems like there is a lot of information to know. Thank in advance.

Thank you! I used Mosby's PTCE review book too and i forgot how many days i read it because i stop reading if i don't feel it,it's kinda boring book. You can really finish reading that book in one day because it's just 200 pages. Just study the 3 areas because in the exam they really covered those 3 areas. I'm sure you know the 3 areas,it's on ptcb site.All of my friends who passed the exam said that the exam is a piece of cake and i don't even need to study. I just read that book & scanning to refresh since i graduated BS in pharmacy long time ago outside US. Just study the conversions,mostly the importants are conversions of tsp.-ml,g-mcq,mg,lb.-kg,grains-mg,tsp-oz, ml-L etc. practice the math calculations,read the pharmacy laws, be familiarize the drug that belongs to schedule 1-V,drug classifications,not much about gen./brand but better familiarize. This is good site to read too,http://www.pharmacy-tech-study.com/ . Just skip their math calculations,it's better to practice Mosby's math. Mosby's book + that site im sure you will pass.

Thank you! I used Mosby's PTCE review book too and i forgot how many days i read it because i stop reading if i don't feel it,it's kinda boring book. You can really finish reading that book in one day because it's just 200 pages. Just study the 3 areas because in the exam they really covered those 3 areas. I'm sure you know the 3 areas,it's on ptcb site.All of my friends who passed the exam said that the exam is a piece of cake and i don't even need to study. I just read that book & scanning to refresh since i graduated BS in pharmacy long time ago outside US. Just study the conversions,mostly the importants are conversions of tsp.-ml,g-mcq,mg,lb.-kg,grains-mg,tsp-oz, ml-L etc. practice the math calculations,read the pharmacy laws, be familiarize the drug that belongs to schedule 1-V,drug classifications,not much about gen./brand but better familiarize. This is good site to read too,http://www.pharmacy-tech-study.com/ . Just skip their math calculations,it's better to practice Mosby's math. Mosby's book + that site im sure you will pass.

Thank you for the advice! :)