I passed!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AUDball2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for our 3rd year comprehensive exam, we pick out a panel of our profs and then for 2 hrs they fire away at you in an oral comps exam....well the first one, about 3 weeks ago, I didnt pass :( I just froze....saying an oral exam is my worst nightmare is an understatement. I almost puked lol.

But yesterday, I had my re-do, and I PASSED!!!!! Which means that I am on to my externship. It is the hardest exam we have in our 4 yrs and I am DONE with it!!! WOOOHHHOOO!!!!:D:D:D:D:clap::clap::clap::claps::claps::claps:

Members don't see this ad.

Yahoooooooo! Congrats. :). Can't wait to have you up here in Seattle for your externship!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I am sure that is a HUGE relief to be done with that.

We have ours the summer before 3rd year starts. I am NOT looking forward to it. I have heard that when people fail, it's not because they don't know the material, it's because of just what you described-nerves. :(

HELL YEAH!!! What sort of questions did they ask you? Or did you take an oath not to share?

Nope I can say...they were all case based and the principles behind it. So I was given an asymmetric audiometric results with poor word rec in one ear and asked what other tests I would do, what would I expect for both a cochlear loss and a retrocochlear loss, and what are my plans for treatment. So I discussed reflexes, the reflex pathway, then rollover, PI functions, and then ABR results for cochlear and retrocochlear. Then I discussed hearing aids and why I would choose which HA. I was then asked vestibular related questions and which way the nystagmus would beat and why, and what bed side tests I could run. Then I was given good OAEs and poor ABR at 90 dB and what I would do and why. There were a lot of questions on why things happen the way they do--anatomy and physio based stuff. It was rough lol

Nope I can say...they were all case based and the principles behind it. So I was given an asymmetric audiometric results with poor word rec in one ear and asked what other tests I would do, what would I expect for both a cochlear loss and a retrocochlear loss, and what are my plans for treatment. So I discussed reflexes, the reflex pathway, then rollover, PI functions, and then ABR results for cochlear and retrocochlear. Then I discussed hearing aids and why I would choose which HA. I was then asked vestibular related questions and which way the nystagmus would beat and why, and what bed side tests I could run. Then I was given good OAEs and poor ABR at 90 dB and what I would do and why. There were a lot of questions on why things happen the way they do--anatomy and physio based stuff. It was rough lol

Those were good questions. That style of critical thinking through case studies is going to serve you well when you take your PRAXIS exam in Audiology. Congratulations!!!!

Those were good questions. That style of critical thinking through case studies is going to serve you well when you take your PRAXIS exam in Audiology. Congratulations!!!!

Thanks :) Yeah most of the other classes who take the Praxis say its easy lol