I really EFFED UP FALL SEMESTER.. HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crestwhite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got accepted to BU.. but im about to crack after receiving my fall semester grades.. a whopping 2.5 .. bring down my culm to 3.36.. DO I HAVE TO UPDATE?

the reason for my awful grades was a personal/family reasons

what are my chances at being offer an interview from other places and also will this hurt my acceptance to BU if i already put down my deposit

I'm hoping to get my act together back for spring semester and hopefully hit a 4.0...

your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I would let them know sooner rather than later. Explain it all and see what happens but putting it off until May doesnt seem like it would help anything.

I'm in the same situation as you, didn't fail any classes, just made a few C's.......As long as you pass the classes that are required by the school, then you should be okay. Put the last semester behind you, and make it happen this semester. As far as receiving interviews from other schools, if they haven't gotten to you by now, then they may be relying on your updated grades, which aren't to great. But hey, you have gotten into a school, so your going somewhere. Best of luck with the upcoming semester and continuing with the admission process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought once you were accepted all you had to do was NOT get a C- or worse in a class, was that the case? I don't think cum GPA means much at that point

I thought once you were accepted all you had to do was NOT get a C- or worse in a class, was that the case? I don't think cum GPA means much at that point

Yea that is how I thought it was. I remember some of classmates getting in and such and just blowing off their last semester with all C's.