-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I really need advicess and help.
Started by x3mit
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello everyone, I have a big concern towards applying to the top pharmacy schools.. Please be honest and give me some realistic brutal advices (I wouldn't mind if they are negative). I would really appreciate your help.
Here goes my messy situation...![]()
I had been in a community college for 3 years and a half now, and I screwed up horribly during my freshmen and sophomore years;
here goes my Grades
Fall06: DR, DR, DR (DR means W's) =(
Winter07: A,A-,C,DR (retook all courses that I got DR's)
Fall07: A-,A-,B,B+(retook one course where I earned the C)
Winter08: A, A-, DR
Spring08: A,A
Summer08: A,A,
Fall08: A,A,A,A
Winter09: A,A,A,A,
Spring09: A,A
Summer09: A,A
My cumulative GPA is 3.90
I didn't take fall classes the last quarter cause I was sick, and currently I am taking three this quarter; hopefully, I'll earn A's.
~my questions are:
1. Should I take the PCAT and apply to Pharmacy school afterward, or I am already screwed with this kind of grades on my transcript?
2. Is my chance of getting accepted into Pharmacy school extremely LOW if I apply with this kind of grades(more than 4 W's on transcript and a C)?
3. If my chance is average, do I have to explain to them for the W's and the C I earned? What if I simply tell them that I simply screwed up just because I was new to college? Would they mind?
4. Would Pharmacy Schools automatically look down on me for I had such an ugly-looking transcript?
Great thanks goes to those who actually takes some time to read and reply me. I really thank yous.
You should be okay. Just make sure to explain why you have the W's and about the not taking classes last semester. One C is no big deal. Your last few semesters have been all A's, and that's EXACTLY what you needed to do to bounce back from your first year and a half. Go for it!
Looks good to me.
Keep up the good work and TKO the PCAT and you should be solid.
Keep up the good work and TKO the PCAT and you should be solid.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should be okay. Just make sure to explain why you have the W's and about the not taking classes last semester. One C is no big deal. Your last few semesters have been all A's, and that's EXACTLY what you needed to do to bounce back from your first year and a half. Go for it!
This.
An anecdote for you... a friend of mine was a typical slacker freshman upon entering college. His grades were sub-par and he was placed on academic probation. After he figured out what he wanted to do, he got his act together, and did very well. His overall GPA was hindered by his freshman year performance, but where it counted, he did well. He is currently a med. student in his second year.
Schools understand that people make mistakes. Your transcripts/GPA aren't the end-all be-all. It's just one measurement to gauge your abilities and to get an idea of how you may perform in Pharmacy school. Clearly your more recent performances are indicative of your academic abilities.
However, your post doesn't mention what classes. An A in underwater basket-weaving after you withdrew from Chemistry wont mean anything. 😀
Everyone always refers to underwater basketweaving- does that class actually exist?
Everyone always refers to underwater basketweaving- does that class actually exist?
Hahahahahaahahah, you noticed that too, huh ?
I don't know if that class actually exists, but I use it quite often myself.
Everyone always refers to underwater basketweaving- does that class actually exist?
source: http://www.onlinecolleges.net/2009/02/25/the-15-strangest-college-courses-in-america/University of California, San DiegoThe course that is used interchangeably with "waste of time college class", but surprisingly it actually exists, both at UC San Diego and at Reed College in Portland, Oregon. According to Wikipedia anyway. Underwater basket weaving involves making wicker baskets by dipping reeds or stalks of plants into water, and letting them soak. Full body immersion is optional I suppose.![]()
T
Taurus1971
Sign me up
Hello everyone, I have a big concern towards applying to the top pharmacy schools.. Please be honest and give me some realistic brutal advices (I wouldn't mind if they are negative). I would really appreciate your help.
Here goes my messy situation...![]()
I had been in a community college for 3 years and a half now, and I screwed up horribly during my freshmen and sophomore years;
here goes my Grades
Fall06: DR, DR, DR (DR means W's) =(
Winter07: A,A-,C,DR (retook all courses that I got DR's)
Fall07: A-,A-,B,B+(retook one course where I earned the C)
Winter08: A, A-, DR
Spring08: A,A
Summer08: A,A,
Fall08: A,A,A,A
Winter09: A,A,A,A,
Spring09: A,A
Summer09: A,A
My cumulative GPA is 3.90
I didn't take fall classes the last quarter cause I was sick, and currently I am taking three this quarter; hopefully, I'll earn A's.
~my questions are:
1. Should I take the PCAT and apply to Pharmacy school afterward, or I am already screwed with this kind of grades on my transcript?
2. Is my chance of getting accepted into Pharmacy school extremely LOW if I apply with this kind of grades(more than 4 W's on transcript and a C)?
3. If my chance is average, do I have to explain to them for the W's and the C I earned? What if I simply tell them that I simply screwed up just because I was new to college? Would they mind?
4. Would Pharmacy Schools automatically look down on me for I had such an ugly-looking transcript?
Great thanks goes to those who actually takes some time to read and reply me. I really thank yous.
I don't think that it is that bad. There is a positive trend in your grades, and you have retaken the courses you haven't done too well in. PharmCAS may calculate your GPA differently (it will be lower), but if you have a strong LOR, good PCAT and some experience, you should be good to go.
Ahh, the coveted Weave.D.Screw pharmacy, Doctor of Underwater Basketweaving it is.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 7K
- Question
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 4K