I saw the NOVA campus!!

Started by DOPharmMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOPharmMD

Aspiring PharmD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So it is decided that I will become a doctor of pharmacy!! If you read some of my post, you will see that I had a very difficult time deciding between medicine and pharmacy. Recently, however, it was decided: I want to become a pharmacist! I was so excited that I decided to visit the main Nova Southeastern University main campus in Davie/Fort Lauderdale (I live about an hour away). My! What a big and beautiful campus! (if you are into football, it is close to Miami Dolphins training camp)
I saw (of course) PharmD students, DO, OD (optometry), BSN (nursing), P.A., Dental students proudly wearing the NSU white coat with different color badges (on sleeve) for diff. program. My gosh, I was just so excited!! I spoke with a professor, who happened to be a PhD and she may have sealed my decision to be a pharmacist. "Well, it's less schooling, it's highly respected, you make a lot of money -- but it really depends on what you want to do", she said as a matter of fact in response to deciding betweem medical or pharmacy (she also gave me a pfizer pharmacy career guides). There's more: I saw students who were invited for interview!! (I forsee myself there later in 2007 for a spot in 2008)

Beware, I never realized how challenging it is to be admitted to pharmacy schools! The process is very challenging and perhaps, emotionally draining; somewhat comparatively with medical admissions. I mean, you must possess qualities beyond GPA, PCAT for sure. A great personal statement, perhaps distancing yourself from the rest by E.C.s and a plethora of other things. I'm considering two schools (but of course will apply to more) and they are : 1) UF (Gainesville 'cause it's cheaper) and then Nova!!!!!!!! Now that I know what I need to do, I will begin the process eary: Personal Statement and working to improve that GPA. One more thing, today, during hospital volunteer I met a group of pharmacy students; (if you read my post "caught up in the pre-med excitement") I mentioned a medical resident with a long white coat... well he isn't, the logo I mentioned is actually a UF college of pharmacy logo. You'd think they were physicians. They all looked so professional with their name sewn on the long white coat. They had a humongous book during break, with notes and a huge pharmacokinetics (something like that) book. Some were Nova students, and the other two, from UF (P3). I asked if they were interested in residency and some said that it was 50/50. But they are all excited about their program. My gosh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to be there!!!!!!! UF, Nova... here I come!!!!!

Folks, please study hard! Take the preparation seriously as do pre/meds. Study, study, study. Many thx to Eddie269 for his great post: "Improve your chances for pharmacy schools." If you want it that bad, you'll get there. I don't know about you... but I WILL BE A PHARMACIST!! With that said, good luck everybody.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.