I Think I Suck at MMI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dguirg95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Ive Had a bunch of interviews this cycle (thankful for that)

Traditional interview- 3..accepted to all 3

MMI- 4...rejected from 1 waitlisted at 2 and waiting to hear back from one...

What is it about MMI that makes someone whose good at traditional interviews not be able to figure out the MMI? I think part of it is that I am good at connecting with someone I speak to for an extended period of time but idk. Kind of lost hope for the school I hear back from soon because I seem to not get in anywhere that does MMI

Members don't see this ad.

I think MMI puts a certain type of person at a disadvantage while giving the advantage to others. If you're the type to do well on traditional interviews, you probably make a good impression but it might take you time to do so. For instance, you might be shy at first but once you warm up to the person, you can have deep, meaningful conversations with them. You might then fare worse in an MMI where your only impression is that you're a shy person. On the other hand, if you're a careful, calculating person, you might do well in MMIs. You can think on your feet and judge/respond to other peoples' actions well. Here you might excel at the MMI because you can come up with a great answer to the questions and act in a responsive way towards the interviewers. In a standard interview, however, you might come across and cold and calculating - because your answers might sound too good to be not rehearsed (even though you don't rehearse).

Reactions: 1 users