I want to change to PMR

Started by riosdsg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

riosdsg

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi


Im a first year EM resident I now realize that I was more interested in PMR?

What can I doto change residencies?

Thanks
 
First of all, welcome.

I would start with your program - is there a PM&R residency where you are? How about where you went to med school? You can try to contact programs in your area to see if there are any vacancies and if they would accept first year of EM as part or all of your prelim year. (I know the ACGME?? accepts intern med, family med, peds, and surgery as a prelim year for PM&R, not sure about EM)

Be prepared to face conflicts with your EM program about switching.

At least you realized early in your residency... 😳