• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

I want to make sure I don't mess this up somehow

drtribbiani

2+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2017
    Hello all, I am absolutely thrilled to have just gotten off the waitlist at one of my dream schools. It is my only acceptance, and I have gotten rejected from every other place, so I am definitely going to take the acceptance. There is a choice to accept the offer on the school's application portal. But beyond that, what else do I need to do. I know there's something that needs to be done with AMCAS's Choose Your Medical School Tool. I am sure I can figure everything out by myself, but I'm just so overwhelmed with joy right now that I can see myself forgetting something. So I wanted to double-check with you all. Hope you are all staying safe :)

• Love
    Reactions: 1 user

penguinsfan71

Jan 7, 2020
    1. Medical Student
      You should contact the admissions office of the school, every one is different in what they need you to do to officially accept the acceptance.

As for the CYMS tool, you should select the school you were accepted to and click 'Plan to enroll'. This will withdraw all of your other acceptances, but allow you to remain on any other waitlists that you're currently on. Eventually, you'll have to change this to 'Commit to enroll', but the school should let you know the deadline for doing so. Once you CTE, you are required to withdraw from all other acceptances and waitlist positions, locking in your final decision.

Reactions: 2 users
      D

deleted804295

Hello all, I am absolutely thrilled to have just gotten off the waitlist at one of my dream schools. It is my only acceptance, and I have gotten rejected from every other place, so I am definitely going to take the acceptance. There is a choice to accept the offer on the school's application portal. But beyond that, what else do I need to do. I know there's something that needs to be done with AMCAS's Choose Your Medical School Tool. I am sure I can figure everything out by myself, but I'm just so overwhelmed with joy right now that I can see myself forgetting something. So I wanted to double-check with you all. Hope you are all staying safe :)
        Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you!!! If you're on a waitlist from another school DO NOT click Commit to Enroll instead just do Plan to Enroll.

If you were rejected from all other schools you were interviewed at then you can click Commit to Enroll.

Reactions: 1 users
        About the Ads

Goro

10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        Silver Member
        Gold Member
        Jun 11, 2010
        Somewhere west of St. Louis
        1. Non-Student
          Congrats!!!!
          :love::love::love::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::love::love::love::luck::luck::luck::hardy::hardy::hardy::highfive::highfive::highfive::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::clap::clap::clap::=|:-)::=|:-)::=|:-)::woot::woot::woot::claps::claps::claps::banana::banana::banana::biglove::biglove::biglove::hello:
          Now go read this!

• Love
          Reactions: 1 user
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.