I was on hold with AAMC (phone) for 2 hours and got disconnected!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying2becomeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, guys, I am wondering if they deliberately hung up the phone on me. I live in CA, so I woke up at 6am trying to be one of the *first* to call AAMC. I got so many busy signals until I was finally on hold. Then I waited, and waited, hoping that I can leave for my work at 7:30am, but ended up staying till 8am. Well, I was late for work, unfortunately... I was SURE that I would be able to speak to someone, but NOOOOO! I can't believe they hung up on me.

I am so mad, I simply want to know if they got my 2 transcripts from colleges.

Were you all able to speak to SOMEONE?

I am thinking, okay, if every caller takes 5 minutes, then that means during 2 hours, one staff handled 24 callers before me. And IF they had 3 staffs, that would mean, that means they processed at least 75 calls during the 2 hours, right? Since it's always busy when you try to call, I can only presume that was on hold for 2 hours because they have less than 3 staffs taking calls.

RIDICULOUS since the fees we pay for application is so high. Why can't they hire some staff to handle calls?

And what's with the songs they play on hold? Couldn't they at least change music once in a while? I can still hear the rhythm...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

last year you could check your transcript status on-line... are they not offering that this year?

Trying2submit: I had a similar thing happen to me today. I am just trying to see if they received my transcripts, so I called them up. I got through and got on hold. I was on hold for an hour before I gave up. The whole time, I was told that my position in the "queue" was "zero". It never changed in the whole hour. What the *#$! does that even mean? Anybody?

Members don't see this ad :)
I too rolled out of bed at 6 am for the same reason (there are few things that I'd be awake for, I've noticed the last two involve the MCAT and AMCAS). I got the same busy signal, and when told the average wait time was one hour, 65 minutes(?), 13 seconds. I hung up and went back to sleep...

I got that caller number zero before too. I tried not to take it personally and realized they probably give us that when there's too many people on the line.

Now I'm hold again, and after an hour, the battery's going to die on my phone... :mad:

Andrew

I think it's screwed up too. I called and I stayed for about 20 minutes before I said screw this and hung up. However, they never once said what my position in queue was so I just assumed that these lazy asses just decided to take a few extra days for the fourth of july.

Have had the same freakin' problems.......NO there is no way to check your transcripts online this year for entering 2002. ONly 2001 still......

later

You'd figure it should be real simple to have an online transcript request, they could have integrated it into the online web application gave it a separate web portal.

It could also indicate the most recent transcript processing date so that would give you an indication of whether your transcript might be sitting in the back of their mailroom unprocessed so you wouldnt automatically have a coronary if its listed as not acknowledged.

Something simple like that would ease a significant burden on their phone lines with people calling just to check transcripts, but I guess they didnt see it that way.