I will be graduating a month late from medical school need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pencilfloor

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently off schedule for personal reasons and will be graduating a month late. What are my options once I graduate in terms of residency programs. I have no idea what is going to happen. Unfortunately all of what happened was out of my control and as a result I will now graduate late. How does moonlighting work? Can I do that once I graduate medical school and then apply the following year. Or should I do an internship year at a hospital that has open spots. I want to do either Internal Medicine or Family Medicine. Any suggestions on what I should do, I am currently a third year student.
 
As painful as it sounds, do you get vacation/interviewing blocks that you can fill with a rotation? We had 2 blocks that we could leave open for any reason (assuming we were on schedule). Plenty of my classmates only used 1 block for interviews so they could take the last month off.