I would love some advice on what to do next year

Started by lindsay1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lindsay1

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied for a categorical spot in internal medicine next year and i just did my dermatology rotation -- I LOVE DERM, but it is obviously too late to apply now. I have no clue what to do. Does anyone know the best thing to do? Do I go to my IM interviews and match in IM with the plan of reapplying for derm next year. Or, do i do a research fellowship and then apply for derm. Please, any help will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.
 
I've actually been told that going through another residency first and then reapplying for derm actually reduces an applicant's chances.

What I would do is to ask a dean/counselor/advisor/mentor/etc... at school to be absolutely sure!