IA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Requ1em

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,
So I submitted my application a few days ago, but just remembered, due to the rash of IA threads that just came out: I was brought before a student government board, my junior year, for having "evidence of burning" in my room (a candle.) They let me off with a warning and said nothing would go on my permanent record. I'm freaking out a little though now. I contacted my dean of students to see if it showed up on my permanent record, and if it does, do I withdraw the application and resubmit? Do I have to refill out all the parts then and repay application costs? I would probably need to take out a loan to do that, as it is, I'm barely able to make rent this month with how expensive this process is.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all,
So I submitted my application a few days ago, but just remembered, due to the rash of IA threads that just came out: I was brought before a student government board, my junior year, for having "evidence of burning" in my room (a candle.) They let me off with a warning and said nothing would go on my permanent record. I'm freaking out a little though now. I contacted my dean of students to see if it showed up on my permanent record, and if it does, do I withdraw the application and resubmit? Do I have to refill out all the parts then and repay application costs? I would probably need to take out a loan to do that, as it is, I'm barely able to make rent this month with how expensive this process is.
Probably good. When I got in trouble for someone lighting a candle near me, I had to fill out forms and attend a class to get the disciplinary action taken care of. I think you're probably fine....especially if you have already submitted!

Members don't see this ad :)
This cements my belief that many groups are made with the best intentions but then become fixated on keeping themselves busy with nonsense like this to justify their continued existence

Reactions: 5 users
This cements my belief that many groups are made with the best intentions but then become fixated on keeping themselves busy with nonsense like this to justify their continued existence
Yep. My university housing/dining system was notorious for this.

Not only did I have a friend also get disciplinary action for being in the candle room for 30 seconds to microwave , but a girl I knew was asking a large group in the lounge to quiet down so she could sleep...and then proceeded to get written up for making too much noise. She tried to explain but still got discplinary action.

1450289271443.jpg

Reactions: 2 users