IAUPR Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm planning to go there, but I've never gotten financial aid, and I'm paying for OD school myself, so my EFC is 0. How do you know how much fin aid you get and when is the earliest you apply?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm planning to go there, but i've never gotten financial aid, and i'm paying for od school myself, so my efc is 0. How do you know how much fin aid you get and when is the earliest you apply?

I'm pretty sure you will get zero, but you can ask the admissions people.

Members don't see this ad :)
The fafsa website has the dates on when you can apply for the upcomming school year. How much you get depends on income level, need, marital status...etc. Most of us took 40k a year which is enough to cover tuition, rent, books, equipment, and even buy a car if you can balance your funds right.
When you file your fafsa, it will give you options on what funds are available based on your details.

I'm pretty sure you will get zero, but you can ask the admissions people.

I'm sorry, to clarify: most people don't get scholarships or grants but everyone is guaranteed federal student unsubsidized loans at 6.8% to fully cover tuition and some more. The fun part is that they start accruing interest immediately :) So, be wise with your money.

If you haven't applied for FAFSA, I suggest for you to do it as soon as you can. FAFSA doesn't give you scholarships or grants like they did in undergrad. You choose which type of loans you want (subsidized, unsubsidized, and/or GRADplus). Within the first month of school, you will receive the leftover amount after your tuition is paid. This isn't free money, so spend wisely. :)

what do you mean "leftover amount" what leftoever amount? in scholarsips/aid or loans?

what do you mean "leftover amount" what leftoever amount? in scholarsips/aid or loans?

exactly what it means...the govt doesnt just cut you a check for 40K..that would be chaos..

your tuition and fees are paid for directly to the school..and hence the "leftover amount" is deposited into your account..this amount can be used for books, equipment, rent, groceries..etc

Now with your original statement, some people do not get a left over amount because they take exactly what they need for tuition/fees only...

I'm planning to go there, but I've never gotten financial aid, and I'm paying for OD school myself, so my EFC is 0. How do you know how much fin aid you get and when is the earliest you apply?
Need answers? Contact Financial Aid from the school.

It doesn't hurt to call up and ask. I just walked up to my financial aid advisor and simply asked if there is any scholarships. She said I was approved for 800 just for being a biology student. Grant it, There might have been other underlying factors. But again, ASK.