-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i'm planning to go there, but i've never gotten financial aid, and i'm paying for od school myself, so my efc is 0. How do you know how much fin aid you get and when is the earliest you apply?
I'm pretty sure you will get zero, but you can ask the admissions people.
3
319671
why do you think I will get 0
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The fafsa website has the dates on when you can apply for the upcomming school year. How much you get depends on income level, need, marital status...etc. Most of us took 40k a year which is enough to cover tuition, rent, books, equipment, and even buy a car if you can balance your funds right.
When you file your fafsa, it will give you options on what funds are available based on your details.
When you file your fafsa, it will give you options on what funds are available based on your details.
I'm pretty sure you will get zero, but you can ask the admissions people.
I'm sorry, to clarify: most people don't get scholarships or grants but everyone is guaranteed federal student unsubsidized loans at 6.8% to fully cover tuition and some more. The fun part is that they start accruing interest immediately 🙂 So, be wise with your money.
3
319671
then where does all the grant money go?
then where does all the grant money go?
To the few people that get them or to improving the school or to throw parties for the faculty 😛 jk on the last one
I'm planning to go there, but I've never gotten financial aid, and I'm paying for OD school myself, so my EFC is 0. How do you know how much fin aid you get and when is the earliest you apply?
Your FA will probably be all loans.
why do you think I will get 0
This is IAUPR we are talking about.
then where does all the grant money go?
Undergraduates.
3
319671
proof please?
If you haven't applied for FAFSA, I suggest for you to do it as soon as you can. FAFSA doesn't give you scholarships or grants like they did in undergrad. You choose which type of loans you want (subsidized, unsubsidized, and/or GRADplus). Within the first month of school, you will receive the leftover amount after your tuition is paid. This isn't free money, so spend wisely. 🙂
proof please?
Apply and find out. Or search on google.
3
319671
what do you mean "leftover amount" what leftoever amount? in scholarsips/aid or loans?
what do you mean "leftover amount" what leftoever amount? in scholarsips/aid or loans?
exactly what it means...the govt doesnt just cut you a check for 40K..that would be chaos..
your tuition and fees are paid for directly to the school..and hence the "leftover amount" is deposited into your account..this amount can be used for books, equipment, rent, groceries..etc
Now with your original statement, some people do not get a left over amount because they take exactly what they need for tuition/fees only...
Need answers? Contact Financial Aid from the school.I'm planning to go there, but I've never gotten financial aid, and I'm paying for OD school myself, so my EFC is 0. How do you know how much fin aid you get and when is the earliest you apply?
It doesn't hurt to call up and ask. I just walked up to my financial aid advisor and simply asked if there is any scholarships. She said I was approved for 800 just for being a biology student. Grant it, There might have been other underlying factors. But again, ASK.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 4K