IBR mini rant

Started by pem8erly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pem8erly

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else having as many issues with IBR as I am?

One company denied my application because I was in forbearance. Uhm, hello?!?!?! I want to make payments!!! That's supposed to be a good thing! Then the same company rejected my 2nd application (they made me send in the exact same application as before) because I didn't include a letter (that wasn't initially asked for) stating why I didn't file taxes the previous year even though I provided the alternate income documents that they did ask for. Still waiting for them to make up a document that I'm missing and reject my app for it.

Another company now wants me to re-submit an application because at the time the forbeared loans were not included in the calculations. But in order to re-process my application I would have to be taken out of IBR status first. Fearing that my new application would not be processed in time and I would be expected to make a FULL month's payment (gasp!) I asked if I could send a letter with my new application. She insisted that this could only be done over the phone and not in writing?!?!?!?!

WTF?? Are we just making up rules now???

Oh, and I mentioned that I didn't want to be paying more than if I was in IBR, the CSR was all over that. "What do you mean 'paying more'? you'll be paying the same.. blah.. blah..blah" Yes, I know that I'll be paying the same in the long run, but I can't afford a regular month's payment on a resident's salary! Oh was she mad that I cut her off!

I know that there are people out there who needs a lot of hand-holding when it comes to finances, but I really wish they would give us a choice: Press 1 if you have no financial sense at all Press 2 if you know how to balance a checkbook Press 3 if you just want answers to your questions.

End rant.