Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Icepick headache?

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by LasagnaBoy, Mar 10, 2007.

1. LasagnaBoy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi,

I know this is a post that doesn't really belong in this forum, but I didn't know who else to turn to. I have had pains these past 3 months on my head. Mainly, they are sharp, 1-second pains that feel like someone is stabbing the top of my scalp with a sharp object. They occur on a daily basis.

They started off in my parietal and occipital regions of my skull, but now, have moved also to my frontal region (right and left lateral frontal). Sometimes, the pain is not as great, but rather, like a tingle. Other times, it is not even a sharp pain at all, but rather, a localized 1-second pain that feels like someone is grabbing a part of my scalp.

These past 2 weeks, I have also had 1-second stabbing pains in different areas throughout my body (thigh, leg, shoulder) similar to the stabbing pain in my skull.

I have not seen a physician yet due to lack of time, but I wanted to see what doctors on this board think. Do you think that is indicative of any other underlying disease?

2. AlternateSome1

AlternateSome1 Burnt Out
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This board was not designed for people to receive medical advice.

3. Nerdoscience

Nerdoscience Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Icepick headache? No wonder your head hurts. I recommend removing the icepick and seeking medical attention.

Am I going to hell for this?