ico acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optcraze

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yay!! i just got accepted to the Illinois College of Optometry and i cant wait to start it...can anyone give me some tips on how the first year is like???

Members don't see this ad.

optcraze said:
yay!! i just got accepted to the Illinois College of Optometry and i cant wait to start it...can anyone give me some tips on how the first year is like???

congrats! :love: :luck:

optcraze said:

say "good bye" to your life...haha...j/k!

first year will keep you busy, but it's definitely managable - just try to keep on top of things. you will feel that there is a lot of "free" time during the day, so you need to manage that time wisely. the first two weeks will be really laid-back, but that material keeps accumulating if you ignore it. once the exams start, you'll have to devote a good chunk of your weekends to studying, especially for monday morning exams.

for me, attending lectures (and staying awake/attentive!) made studying a lot easier and quicker. some of my classmates who don't attend lectures need to first learn the material on their own, which takes longer than if you attended lecture, before they can commit it to memory. try to find a proper balance between studying and relaxing. sleep at night is also very important.

these are just some tips that are off the top of my head. you'll hear a lot more tips during next week's orientation.

first year really isn't as bad as it sounds. if you enjoy learning, you'll have a blast this year. most of the courses have organized lecture notes, and the professors are usually available to help. also, find a group of friends who you can study with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, did applications just start Aug. 1? That was fast!

thanks so much!!! the info definitely helps....

scraders said:
say "good bye" to your life...haha...j/k!

first year will keep you busy, but it's definitely managable - just try to keep on top of things. you will feel that there is a lot of "free" time during the day, so you need to manage that time wisely. the first two weeks will be really laid-back, but that material keeps accumulating if you ignore it. once the exams start, you'll have to devote a good chunk of your weekends to studying, especially for monday morning exams.

for me, attending lectures (and staying awake/attentive!) made studying a lot easier and quicker. some of my classmates who don't attend lectures need to first learn the material on their own, which takes longer than if you attended lecture, before they can commit it to memory. try to find a proper balance between studying and relaxing. sleep at night is also very important.

these are just some tips that are off the top of my head. you'll hear a lot more tips during next week's orientation.

first year really isn't as bad as it sounds. if you enjoy learning, you'll have a blast this year. most of the courses have organized lecture notes, and the professors are usually available to help. also, find a group of friends who you can study with.

Congrats!

ICO is my first choice school and I'm applying next year. Do you mind sharing your stats so I can have an idea of where I need to be to get in?

Thanks!

Hi Optcraze,

Were you accepted to start in the Fall of 2006 or 2007?

Thanks!

i had a 3.4 gpa, oat score of 310..but i had a very strong background of optometry experience and i had many upper level science courses with undergrad major of Health Science. Just make sure you apply way ahead of time and make sure you call them frequently because they seem to be very slow..good luck!!!

lesset01 said:
Congrats!

ICO is my first choice school and I'm applying next year. Do you mind sharing your stats so I can have an idea of where I need to be to get in?

Thanks!

[I was accepted for Fall 2006

QUOTE=rani82]Hi Optcraze,

Were you accepted to start in the Fall of 2006 or 2007?

Thanks![/QUOTE]