ICO Alternative List 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preopt2019

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else deposit to be placed on ICO's Alternative List this year?? I got a email on Friday that they will start reviewing the applications this week!!! Comment below or PM me if you are on the list, would love to chat!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long this list is? I just scheduled an interview for June. Getting worried :(

Does anyone know how long this list is? I just scheduled an interview for June. Getting worried :(

I wouldn't be too worried! I think the class isn't filling up as they expected with the cycle ending soon so they are starting to look at the alternative list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't be too worried! I think the class isn't filling up as they expected with the cycle ending soon so they are starting to look at the alternative list.
Do you think not enough people applied? Their facebook class page seems deceptively small right now.

Do you think not enough people applied? Their facebook class page seems deceptively small right now.

I think alot of people applied, but declined their offer. If you look at the class of 2025 post, a lot of people were accepted but chose a diff school!

The FB group can only give you a guesstimate, since we also have to assume that there are some who accepted that didn't join the group as well as admins and upperclassmen. I also noticed that three people were removed from the group; they probably withdrew and accepted another school instead. The last batch of people who were added into the fb group was about a couple of weeks ago. I reckon the next group of people who accepted will be added soon.
*Edit* 5 people were just added to the group today.

If you look at the entering class profiles of the past, you'll see the trend has been 1000 applicants, and they'll interview like 350 and end up with about 150 students. ICO's OAT scores deadline was Feb 14th, so I would assume that ICO has a pretty good idea of how many people are possibly applying by the May 1st deadline. There's also applicants who the committee have asked to retake their OAT before even extending an invitation to interview to consider. There are interviews scheduled Mondays and Fridays, and the admissions committee meets like twice a month to make decisions. It makes sense to me if they are starting to look at the alternate list applicants. Hopefully when it comes time for your interview in June, there's still space. It's rolling admissions after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What is the alternate list? Is it before or after an interview with ICO?