ICO and NOVA interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midgi97

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have interviews at NOVA and ICO in the beginning of Oct, so I was just wondering for those of you who have had interviews at these schools if you have any tips/issues/advice/what to expect/what they ask?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I have an interview at ICO in 2 weeks so ill get back to this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! I didn't know that was there!

Hello, I just had an interview at ICO. Very low stress. The actual interview wasn't until around 11 am or 12. There is a short 10 min essay that is basically about what characteristics you bring to ico. Try to think about that answer because it is a very short amount of time. The one on one interview was really like a conversation, pretty similar to whats under the link csandova gave you. I was asked only a few direct questions. It started with him asking about my personal statement, and I was asked about my optometry experience to describe exactly what I do, I was also asked about the other schools I was applying too and where I was planning to interview. So be prepared to explain your reasons and let them know why you like ico, a good majority of my interview was about what I liked about ICO. He also briefly talked about grades with me. My gpa was pretty average, so there wasn't anything direct but if you have any low points you might want to be prepared for that. But don't stress out because it really was laid-back. They do a good job of making you feel at ease everyone was very friendly. =) good luck!

Hello, I just had an interview at ICO. Very low stress. The actual interview wasn't until around 11 am or 12. There is a short 10 min essay that is basically about what characteristics you bring to ico. Try to think about that answer because it is a very short amount of time. The one on one interview was really like a conversation, pretty similar to whats under the link csandova gave you. I was asked only a few direct questions. It started with him asking about my personal statement, and I was asked about my optometry experience to describe exactly what I do, I was also asked about the other schools I was applying too and where I was planning to interview. So be prepared to explain your reasons and let them know why you like ico, a good majority of my interview was about what I liked about ICO. He also briefly talked about grades with me. My gpa was pretty average, so there wasn't anything direct but if you have any low points you might want to be prepared for that. But don't stress out because it really was laid-back. They do a good job of making you feel at ease everyone was very friendly. =) good luck!

Thanks for the heads up about the essay!!

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile