ICO housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steska

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to ICO and am fairly confident I will be going there, just wondering what most of the first years do for housing. The RC seems really convenient but the apartments are pretty expensive and I dont want to go back to dorm style suites. I noticed that there are some apartments that are a lot cheaper and still near south side, but then again I would like to meet as many people as possible my first year and that might be tougher living off campus right away. plus i dont know if these apartments are in decent neighborhoods. anyone have any opinions on this?

Members don't see this ad.

:) The best place to live during your first year is on campus. During your first year you meet all your classmates and make friends. You can learn all the in's and out's about the school and classes. After the first year most people move off capmus and live in apartments near school with friends they meet while living on campus. The people who live in the area and commute from home miss out on alot (ie new friends, what books you don't need to buy, info on what test hard, what to study) Your gonig to be at school for four years make the most of it. At least live on campus for the first year, because it will sort of dictate your next three.

steska, it's good to know that i will have a classmate from this forum...

i'm faced with a similar dilemma...to live in the RC or to live at home (less than 5mins drive). my parents don't want me to live on campus because it costs around 10k per year, but i've never been able to study at home during thanksgiving or spring breaks.

i will most likely live in the RC for a year because of the reasons that calcium boy mentioned. after my first year, i'm planning to move back home to save money. hopefully, i will have learned the secret to succeeding at ico while living with my family.

Members don't see this ad :)
If this helps, as a first year, there's no chance you will be awarded an apartment in the RC via the housing lottery.

Eyegirl.

thats good to know that i wouldnt be able to get an apartment in the rc. i dont know if i can get used to living in a dorm style setting again, i havent done that since my freshman year. i would imagine its a lot different than undergrad dormsthough, right?