-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
ICO internet
Started by mlongo1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does the ico campus have wifi? I'm assuming that's how people with laptops access the internet there. or is it the old plug in deal?
No wifi. Sorry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙁 Are there at least places (like in the library) where you can plug in a laptop?
Internet jacks? I don't think so. Everyone just uses the computer labs to surf the net. You don't really want the option of internet at your study table in the library, or else you fail to actually study.
At least that's what i tell myself.
don't we have the internet to help ourselves to learn supplementary material not found in handouts or textbooks?
Yup.. Google and Google Images are your friends!
Internet jacks? I don't think so. Everyone just uses the computer labs to surf the net.
I'm pretty sure there are places within the study desks upstairs so you can plug in your laptop (with your own ethernet/power cords). There is wi-fi in one of the labs, but it's not really practically useful.
I'm pretty sure there are places within the study desks upstairs so you can plug in your laptop (with your own ethernet/power cords). There is wi-fi in one of the labs, but it's not really practically useful.
I'm pretty sure that the individual study desks have ethernet jacks. There's also random jacks here and there in random spots, like at the back of the pre-clinic lab.
That said, it is getting annoying that wifi has not been made available yet. Last year Dr. Castells said that many of the lecturing faculty did not want students to be sitting in class surfing the net, and that is part of the reason we still don't have it. 😡 There's usually one of two moments in each lecture I wish we had wifi to double check somthing, or look up further information.
Doesn't each room in the Residential complex have ethernet jacks?
they do
The library does have ethernet jack at all the desk along the walls of the library in both levels, but wifi is not available.
I have actually been fighting for wifi for for 4 years. The powers-that-be seem to think that it is not needed of think it is a "security risk". They also probably think we use the dewey decimal system. I am going to send the string of comments to the powers at the school to show them one more time before I graduate that the students, and future students, want and need a wireless network.
I have actually been fighting for wifi for for 4 years. The powers-that-be seem to think that it is not needed of think it is a "security risk". They also probably think we use the dewey decimal system. I am going to send the string of comments to the powers at the school to show them one more time before I graduate that the students, and future students, want and need a wireless network.
It has something to do with security of the network since our clinic is in-house - patient data could be compromised. That being said, you'd think a solution would exist that could keep the clinic data completely separate from the wifi students/staff/faculty would be able to access?!...I have actually been fighting for wifi for for 4 years. The powers-that-be seem to think that it is not needed of think it is a "security risk".
That excuse is a load of crap. I know of many hospitals that offer wifi to patients. My father is an OD and I installed wifi there that meets all HIPPA requirements. They could put a wifi system in for a few hundred dollars. It would not cover the entire school, but it would cover the library.
That excuse is a load of crap. I know of many hospitals that offer wifi to patients. My father is an OD and I installed wifi there that meets all HIPPA requirements. They could put a wifi system in for a few hundred dollars. It would not cover the entire school, but it would cover the library.
UHCO has wifi that basically just covers the library. It doesn't reach as far as the lecture halls. (I believe for the same reason... lecturers didn't want students surfing during lecture)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One more reason I'm delighted I chose Pacific... WIFI EVERYWHERE!!!
If I want to surf the Internet during class... I do. And it will be my grade that suffers in the end. We're all adults here... sheesh!
If I want to surf the Internet during class... I do. And it will be my grade that suffers in the end. We're all adults here... sheesh!