ICO Interview Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanadaBoy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I was just wondering if there is anyone who interviewed at ICO who could give me an idea of the type of question they give to write an essay about on your interview day.

I was a bit surprised to hear they need a writing sample, as the other schools I interviewed with didn't require one. If anyone could give me an idea what to expect it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My question was something along the lines of "Discuss 3 qualities that you possess that would make you a good optometrist". You get 10 minutes. Honestly, they just want to make sure you can form sentences and put something along the lines of your essay so they know you wrote it. That's all. =)

Mine was something along the lines of - "ICO students are very diverse, explain what qualities you can bring to ICO" - or something of that sort. Again - you have 10 minutes but they are just looking for you to be able to write in a coherent and concise manner.

Hope that helps!

What qualities would make you a good optometrist.

SCCO also required 1/2 hour writing sample.