ICO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amanda82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have an interview at ICO next week and was wondering if anyone had any advice to give me. What sort of questions to expect, what we are supposed to wear, how nice are the interviewers, etc. Anything specific to ICO would be great! Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Amanda82 said:
Hi everyone!

I have an interview at ICO next week and was wondering if anyone had any advice to give me. What sort of questions to expect, what we are supposed to wear, how nice are the interviewers, etc. Anything specific to ICO would be great! Thanks for your help!

I found the ICO interview to be more laid-back than the other 3 interviews I had. I think they really strive to make you feel comfortable. It felt more like a casual conversation than a grilling session. The questions were really normal, such as why did you pick your major, have you had any experience in the opt field, tell me about your background, why are you interested in ICO, etc. It is an open-file interview, so they will probably refer to your transcripts, scores, essay and ask you to explain or elaborate if necessary. Overall, I was really surprised at how laid-back it was, so don't be too nervous. Good luck!