ico interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idoc2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any tips on inexpensive places to stay in chicago? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

idoc2b said:
any tips on inexpensive places to stay in chicago? thanks!

I got the 99 rate for Hyatt, but it's in the middle of nowhere. You can always stay free in the dorms!

3eb4me said:
You can always stay free in the dorms!

For $35 actually, and i think a bit more for double room!! Book early though, they may run out cuz of other interviewees or other student's friends/family.

Members don't see this ad :)
JC1984 said:
For $35 actually, and i think a bit more for double room!! Book early though, they may run out cuz of other interviewees or other student's friends/family.

$35?? I sure paid nothing....it is free. You pay $35 for any guests that may be with you. If you paid $35 for yourself I think you got ripped off :laugh:

pre_opt_sku said:
$35?? I sure paid nothing....it is free. You pay $35 for any guests that may be with you. If you paid $35 for yourself I think you got ripped off :laugh:

Oh wait, I forgot, I stayed 2 nights :D but normally for guests it's $35 with sheets, $30 without sheets, or something like that for a single room

Piggybacking on this thread...

How did you guys get to the school? Taxi or shuttle? Any suggestions on what to bring or do to prep for interview day? I have mine coming up soon. Thx!

20/15 said:

How did you guys get to the school? Taxi or shuttle? Any suggestions on what to bring or do to prep for interview day? I have mine coming up soon. Thx!
The people who interviewed with me that flew into Chicago got cab rides to the school. There is a really nice guy at the front desk who will call a cab for you when you're leaving, too.

My biggest suggestion for prepping is don't stress about it! The interview at ICO is really laid back. Review your application before you go, and be confident.

20/15 said:

I took a shuttle. (Airport Express) I got a round trip ticket at the desk at the airport. Weird thing though was that ICO is actually out of their "range" they only go down to 30th street or something (ICO is b/w 32 and 33) so when I called them to arrange the pickup to get back to the airport, they were astonished when I told them the address. But I told them I had a round trip ticket, so they picked me up (but they said next time, they don't go down that far). Definitely ask them at the desk though to see how far they'll go (I think they were just looking for business so they took me).

Any one actually drive to the campus? I was thinking of renting a car, and driving... how much did the Cab ride actaully cost you guys?

in_translation said:
There is a really nice guy at the front desk who will call a cab for you when you're leaving, too.

Yeap, that's Anthony. He's the man!!

JC1984 said:
Yeap, that's Anthony. He's the man!!

I love Anthony... my impression of ICO shot up after meeting him. I arrived a half hour early for my interview, and after he gave me a little gruff for being too early, he entertained me with stories of Chicago and such. He went to the trouble to suggest restaurants and sites while my husband and I were in Chicago and drew us detailed maps for everything. I guess this doesn't really have anything to do with anything... I just loved Anthony!

Anthony always gives you a disclaimer before he tells you a story. "I know nothin'. Imma high school drop out" He's Italian so he talks like he's in the mafia!

sparikh said:
Anthony always gives you a disclaimer before he tells you a story. "I know nothin'. Imma high school drop out" He's Italian so he talks like he's in the mafia!

:D :D He proudly told us that "Some people get paid for the work they do. I get paid for the work I COULD do!"

prettygreeneyes said:
He went to the trouble to suggest restaurants and sites while my husband and I were in Chicago and drew us detailed maps for everything.

Yep, all Italian restaurants.. hehehe hopefully i'll get to try some next year!!

sparikh said:
He's Italian so he talks like he's in the mafia!

Yeah, babe! :laugh: