ICO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SearchSquad

Cool Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question for those who have interviewed at ICO. Did anyone stay at Residential Complex the night before their interview? I browsed the interview feedback section and it seemed like most people chose to be at a regular hotel. It seems perfect to stay there because you don't have to travel the morning of your interview and you get to see what it's like to live there...so I'm wondering if there's a big minus that I'm not seeing.

And any other insights would be greatly appreciated! For instance, what are my chances at this point??

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I did and it was just fine. And yeah, it's nice to be just across the street for the tour/interview.

I too stayed at the RC the day before the interview. The reason being was 1) I was travelling from MD alone, so it would be nice to not be alone. 2) The airfare was $120 round trip, taxi ride from airport $50 (Why would I want to spend more than I had to?) 3) It was cozy and definitely convenient, especially since I interviewed during their snow storm. 4) Lastly, the morning of the interview, a couple that was interviewing was right next door. So we ended up having breakfast together and making the whole process less stressful.

I think the reason most people stay at hotels is becuase they bring along friends or family members, or even because they have intentions of staying longer than the interview to explore the tourist side of Chicago. I did so months later. However, you are allowed to have 1-2 guests stay with you at the RC as long as you can accomodate yourselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed in the RC the night before my interview as well. I brought my mom along with me, so we got a nice big room with two beds and an attached bathroom. It was free and convenient.
We did end up staying in Chicago for a few days after the interview, so for the next couple of nights we stayed at the Hyatt McCormick Place, a nice hotel closeish to ICO that offers a special rate for people who are visiting ICO. It was really nice and luxurious, and I would definitely recommend it if staying in the RC doesn't appeal to you or if you want to stay in Chicago for a couple of extra days.

Thanks everybody! I sent an email to the RC people, but I haven't hear anything back from them yet. How long does it usually take them to reply?

they replied within 2 days.. dont worry.. you'll most likely get a room - they're just off for long weekend now!