ICO Off Campus Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

divinebg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what neighborhood to live in while going to ICO.
The school recommends Bridgeport, but is it safe?

Where does everyone who goes to ICO here live?
What is the best neighborhood to live in?

My husband and I have been looking into mostly Lakeview,Depaul, Lincoln Park, and Wicker Park. Bridgeport too, but it looks rough. I also heard Logan Square is a shady area. What do you guys recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

In trying to figure out the answer to your same questions I got some pretty good advice on this site a while back... http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=116634

Today I spoke to Steve McKenzie.... really nice guy... he answered a buncha questions that I had, and made it seem like renting in Chicago (through him at least) is a lot easier than it is in some of the other cities around the US.

I hope this helps!

silverandblack

IF you have the means to do it, Find a house and buy. You will be happy that you did. Mortgage's are generally cheaper than rent, and when you sell, you will get some of your money back.
Many people at ICO live all over. Bridgeport is safe and steve is good. Now that gas is around 2.00/gallon, many students that live up north and commuted are moving back closer to school.

I lived in Bridgeport but live in the RC now. Personally, I had too much trouble with crimes (involving my car) and I just didn't feel safe as a petite girl living alone.

My apartment in Bridgeport was gorgeous.

I like the RC so far a lot. All I am doing until I start my job is watching HBO.

Eyegirl