ICO second review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jvelos3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ICO told me my file would be reviewed again by the end of February...it's March and I haven't gotten an email yet! This so nerve racking!!

Anyone heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

ME TOO! I hate this waiting game!! :(

I too was on hold for a second review till February. I went in for a counseling session and basically, they will tell you how to improve for next year's cycle. Ie. do a masters, post bac, etc...

If you get an interview awesome! But, your chances are slim if you have been waiting. By putting you off till February, they give a chance for other schools to take you instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been on hold since october and they told me that my app will be reviewed again in Feb. The anticipation is killing me. Once they let me know my outcome I'll keep u guys updated since we're all on the same situation.

My file was on hold since August, they told me they would review my file again in January. I sent them my updated transcripts (thats what they wanted) and got straight A's...and they sent me an email saying they STILL cant make a decision on my file and it will be reviewed again in MARCH. I dont really care that much though because I've been accepted to two other schools. But I dont really think the chances would be too great even if you did get an interview now, since the class is already almost full I think.

Did you guys/gals get an interview response from the second review?

Not yet....just patiently waiting for a response. This is getting ridiculous!

It's been over 2 weeks since February ended and I still haven't received a response!!! I just want to hear something...good or bad so I can stop stressing. :(

It's been over 2 weeks since February ended and I still haven't received a response!!! I just want to hear something...good or bad so I can stop stressing. :(
I know!!! At least could I get my rejection letter so I could stop stressing. I just emailed them....hopefully they'll respond.

I finally got some feedback from ICO admissions...it seems that they have lost my transcript and wanted to see it before inviting me for an interview. I'm so pissed off! They couldve contacted me for the missing document a LONG time ago. If I get invited, I'm pretty sure there will be no room for me. Eah....I guess it was not meant to be...

Oh man that really sux that they lost your transcript! Hope all goes well for you tho!

I sent Teisha an email on wednesday...haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I hear something next week. :oops:

I finally got some feedback from ICO admissions...it seems that they have lost my transcript and wanted to see it before inviting me for an interview. I'm so pissed off! They couldve contacted me for the missing document a LONG time ago. If I get invited, I'm pretty sure there will be no room for me. Eah....I guess it was not meant to be...

they expect us to act as preofessionals, yet they are incompetent on keeping intact a students files.

they expect us to act as preofessionals, yet they are incompetent on keeping intact a students files.

What's the point of this post...to ridicule optometry?

Rush Medical College LOST my brother's med school application altogether! **** happens...

Keep on topic here.

Vanderbilt lost my application for grad school a few years ago. I kept getting emails saying they had it and I would find out after a certain date. Turns out their graduate studies department had it but the actual department.

It ended up being a blessing in disguise though - I found out how much I loved optometry and am all set for school in the fall. This time when I applied I felt like a bother but I called every school after they should have received stuff to ensure it was all in their hands. It was helpful too because somehow a letter of rec got lost in the mail for OSU and I had to have my recommender resend it.

Hopefully something good with come out of it for you - maybe you will fall in love with a different school and end up headed there! Good luck :)

Anyone else hear anything? I emailed Teresa last week and still haven't heard anything...she said that Teisha would get back to me...maybe they are backed up right now.

Anyone else hear anything? I emailed Teresa last week and still haven't heard anything...she said that Teisha would get back to me...maybe they are backed up right now.

Teisha said that their next committee meeting is this Thursday, April 9, so they will be reviewing interviewed applicants at that time. I'm not sure about those who haven't received an interview yet. Hopefully they will do both and we will all hear back soon.

I heard back from Teisha this morning and as Dixie said the next committee review is this thursday and we should be hearing back by next week.

Well I turned down my interview with them hopefully it will open up a spot for those who are waiting. Then again I hear the class is nearly full so good luck!