ICO STUDENTS - Is the RC worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momentofzen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is for any student who is currently living or has lived in the RC at ICO.

Overall, is it worth it?

Did you feel it helped you meet and build relationships with people or do people tend to keep to themselves?

I think the only reason why i want to live there is because im moving from out of state and think it would help build relationships with people

Im really not looking forward to dorm life, especially sharing a double room, and cafeteria food everyday!

Members don't see this ad.

First year in the RC is probably a good idea, its a great way to meet people. there is a subset of the class that don't really hang out with anyone, they are mostly commuters. Its not like you cant be social as a commuter, there are many very social commuters here, but they had to work a lot harder.

Hey AwesomeSauce....just had a quick question about RC......do you think it's really worth paying $200 bucks extra for a single room, than a double room.....I've never lived in a dorm like setting so I have nothing to make a comparison to.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I have a single and its worth it, room mates can be annoying, several people have moved out of the RC or have switched rooms due to room mate issues.

I'm a first year student at ICO and I currently live in the RC. I would definitely recommend living in the RC for your first year. It really does help you meet people and make strong friendships with your classmates.

I had never lived in a dorm style residence either, so i put a single room as my first choice, but got assigned to a double instead (there are way more doubles than singles available to first years because upper year students get priority for single rooms). Living in a double has been totally fine, my roommate and I get along great and we haven't had any issues. I'm actually glad that I ended up getting a double because of the cheaper cost.

How much room is in the double/single rooms? How much stuff can I bring from home (i.e. TV, drawers, desktop pc, bike, snowboard, small fridge, microwave, hampers, etc.). How much clothes can really fit in the closet? Is there cable TV hook ups in all the rooms? Can a guy and a girl share a double if they are in a relationship? I was trying to look for a diagram with specs of the rooms on the view forum, but couldn't find one. Can anyone answer these questions for me? I'm starting to pack so I kinda need any advice now. Thanks everyone!