1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

ICO students

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by forum stalker, Mar 27, 2007.

1. forum stalker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Is it true that we only have 1 week off for Christmas break? I am entering fall 2007 and am planning a big family vacation. Is it possible to miss one week of school?
    Please help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jefguth

jefguth Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Optometrist
    2007 christmas break is from Dec 22 to Jan 1. Missing one week of school is fine as long as it does not interfere with your lab section or other commitmens like observations. It might be possible to make a switch with a classmate to make it work, but there's really no way of knowing for sure until you get your 2nd quarter schedules in october or novemeber.

4. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Also, you will have 2-3 test per week. If you miss a week, you will really have a problem making that up...if they even let you.

5. jefguth

jefguth Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Optometrist
    how could I have forgotten about those???:eek: Taking off for the week is pretty hard to do unless its in the first week of quarter, maybe the second. Unfortunately, christmas falls in the middle of winter quarter.

6. forum stalker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    thank you guys!

I'm so sad now. ALl my family and relatives (about 26 people) are going to Vietnam for a family reunion. I can't go :(

Also, is it true that we have summers of 1st and 2nd year off?

7. jefguth

jefguth Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Sorry about the reunion. The class schedule really is a PITA somtimes. We only get summer off between 1st and 2nd year. Third year begins in May following 2nd year finals, this is when they throw us into clinic and really start to prep everyone for NBEO part 1.

8. forum stalker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Should I keep any of my textbooks from undergrad? For example, Biochem, developmental biology and anatomy? Debating whether I should keep them for reference or sell them off to get some extra cash.